Countdown Timer Not Correct

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tjmills

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am curious why my countdown timer is off by so many days? I am leaving on March 3rd for Bonaire which by my count is 12 days but the countdown timer says 14 days, 4 hours, etc.

Can any of you give me a reason why this is?

I was releaved to learn that I am leaving sooner !! Just curious as to why.

tjmills:
I am curious why my countdown timer is off by so many days? I am leaving on March 3rd for Bonaire which by my count is 12 days but the countdown timer says 14 days, 4 hours, etc.

Can any of you give me a reason why this is?

I was releaved to learn that I am leaving sooner !! Just curious as to why.

Because the computer has been in touch with your airline computer and already knows that you have been delayed 2 days...:D

Paul in VT

Now thats just NOT NICE!!!! If this happens now....I will find you for putting an Omen on me!!! :)

Looks like the timer is having a problem with the last days of February (leap year calculation).

El Orans:
Looks like the timer is having a problem with the last days of February (leap year calculation).
It's not a Leap Year...??
confused-smiley-016.gif
Is it...??

DandyDon:
It's not a Leap Year...??
confused-smiley-016.gif
Is it...??
2006 is not a leap year but the software needs to calculate it anyway.

How does that saying go? "30 days hath September, April, June and November. All the rest have 31, except for February which varies greatly...." :silly:

Why would the software calculate an extra day in Feb for 06? Doesn't make sense to me. That will still throw the dates off for the remainder of the year.

tjmills:
Why would the software calculate an extra day in Feb for 06? Doesn't make sense to me. That will still throw the dates off for the remainder of the year.
Extra 2 days isn't it...?
confused-smiley-017.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom