Could be trouble for leisurepro and others

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It does not make sense. These "large dive shops" still have to mark up the gear they sale to LP and pay redundant shipping cost from their facility to LP. LP then marks it up again, adds their shipping and sells for significantly below that a typical LDS does.

I'm glad some other folks see that side of the picture :thumb:

and this myth that they get it from LDS's going out of business is the funniest. folks here ever been to a LDS going out of business? It's a slow painful death that lasts typically a year or more. They don't have any inventory at all by the time they finally pull the plug.

Well, unless you think the courts ruled on constitutional grounds [just a heads up, copywrite is not part of the constitution] then the court ruled on laws passed by the legislature and executive branch of govt. The free trade congress reference was sarcasm. :dork2:

Au contraire, my friend. Copyright (not "copywrite") is part of the constitution. I direct your attention to Article 1, section 8.

Au contraire, my friend. Copyright (not "copywrite") is part of the constitution. I direct your attention to Article 1, section 8.

No-he was correct the first time. 'Copywrite' is not in the constitution.

Thanks for correcting the duck. I doubt anyone really took him seriously. It's fashionable to blame the congress for all of our ills these days. I'm blaming them for the Jets recent bad run too. :shocked2:

Thanks for correcting the duck. I doubt anyone really took him seriously. It's fashionable to blame the congress for all of our ills these days. I'm blaming them for the Jets recent bad run too. :shocked2:

I blame them for the number of men wearing brown shoes with blue suits. Abhorrent!

Once the gear gets put in a container and shipped offshore - there is no control over where it goes or how it makes its way back here. The only choice they have would be to refuse to ship anything overseas. As if...

I think some peope on here may not beleive in Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny: but they watch Jessie Ventura's "Conspiracy Theory" and beleive that wrestling is a real sport.

Once the gear gets put in a container and shipped offshore - there is no control over where it goes or how it makes its way back here. The only choice they have would be to refuse to ship anything overseas. As if...

I think some peope on here may not beleive in Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny: but they watch Jessie Ventura's "Conspiracy Theory" and beleive that wrestling is a real sport.

Every shipment has some dealer's name on the order so the WHO is involved should not be a difficult question. And yes, some country's laws say the buyer then owns that gear and can do with it as they please. So as long as Scubapro chooses to continue doing business with those clients in those countries, the the grey market sources for goods is assured.

...Copyright only protects designs that have some modicum of creativity and doesn't extent to features that are dictated by function...

Tell that to Apple (vs Microsoft vis-a-vis "look and feel" lawsuit many moons ago).

Tom

No-he was correct the first time. 'Copywrite' is not in the constitution.

Neither the word copyright or copywrite appears in the US constitution.

Back
Top Bottom