Cost to convert DIN to Yoke?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@lexvil any atomic yoke parts you're looking to sell?

Cheers. I appreciate it.
Why not just get some spin on adaptors? I could probably come up with a few yokes that I can trade for the DIN parts but I’m off on a dive trip in a few days, back toward the end of the month.

Like I said in my OP, we use spin adaptors but we use them for virtually all of our diving. The biggest complaints are they add weight and they cause the 1st stages to stick out further than they should from the tank. We currently use Dive Right yoke adapters. The question is, why use an adapter if all we dive are yoke tanks?

I am not a fan of the adapter, just something else that can break. And I hit my head when it is on. I would def get the part so you can switch back and forth, it is worth the money.

I am not a fan of the adapter, just something else that can break. And I hit my head when it is on. I would def get the part so you can switch back and forth, it is worth the money.

That's the thing. My Wife hits her head on the first stage. We just picked up some air integrated dive computers and the transmitters stick out quite a bit. I don't need the hassle.

I have a few Z2 first stages, if they are of interest I’ll go out to the shop and take some pics

You might have some luck finding someone who has atomic regs that wants to convert from yoke to DIN, maybe for technical diving. Then you could just swap parts. If you had SP 1st stages I would be happy to trade a yoke and retainer for the DIN parts. I bet there are atomic owners in a similar situation.

I have a few Z2 first stages, if they are of interest I’ll go out to the shop and take some pics

I appreciate the offer. If I were to buy 1st stages outright, I would like them to be M1 and B2 to match things up with our second stages.

I appreciate the offer. If I were to buy 1st stages outright, I would like them to be M1 and B2 to match things up with our second stages.
No problem, I do have a spare M1 but I bet you can come up with something locally at a better price once shipping is factored in, the only spare yoke assembly I have is an ST1. An extra thing to point out as you look for parts, they all use the same parts with a few exceptions, the B, M and Z all have the same chrome body and yoke or din parts, the B and M have a 5 port swivel lower body and the Z is a 7 port fixed, internally the M uses a Monel piston and swivel retainer, the Z and B use a stainless piston and the swivel retainer for the B is SS. It’s one of the reasons I like Atomic first stages. The other options are the titanium T series and the stainless S series. Second stages differ in only slight ways. All that to say buy whatever you can find the best deal on and you won’t know the difference in use. The only thing to look for is the jet seat upgrade but if you find a B1 or Z1 the cost to upgrade to the jet seat will involve a new piston, about $60 so factor that in. Or just buy some Deep 6 regs when they go on sale :wink:

Buying new first stages is another option and just hang onto the DIN first stages until I can better utilize them.
I had the same situation with my first stages. I bought DIN and later decided I used yoke far more often. I recommend you get the conversion kit. You can keep the DIN Parts, and it takes.. maybe 2 minutes to swap a first stage between din and yoke if you've got the stuff. Might take you 5 minutes the first time you try it.

I'm not sure if I'd say it's easier to convert than to move all the hoses to a different first stage, but it's at least a close thing. If you get a separate first, you've got one more stage to get serviced each time...

Those time estimates aren't coming from someone who is a regulator tech or anything. I don't work in the scuba industry. I'm just a guy who likes diving. It really is very easy.

I've got a bunch of titanium yoke regs that I'd trade the yoke for the DIN in a heartbeat. But they are titanium.

Back
Top Bottom