Cost to convert DIN to Yoke?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubbles McGee

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My Wife and I have sets of Atomic Aquatics regulators and love them. I have an M1 set and she has a B2 set. They are both DIN. I bought them with the idea that they can handle 3442 PSI and seemed more compact.

Hindsight is always 20/20. We do the majority of our diving in the Caribbean where the tanks are aluminium 80s and have to use yoke adapters everywhere so it kind of defeats the purpose, not to mention using the adaptor makes the first stage stick out nearly an inch or more than it should.

Just wondering what the cost might be to do a full conversion to yoke. We're not thinking of doing tek training any time soon and although I would like to buy my own tanks to dive up here in Ontario eventually, I still think we'll be using yoke more than DIN.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

I cant answer directly with a perfect answer but look on atomics site and see if the part is sold.
Yoke to DIN is usually around $45 installed.

I cant answer directly with a perfect answer but look on atomics site and see if the part is sold.
Yoke to DIN is usually around $45 installed.

Doesn't seem to be anything on the website regarding parts for conversion but if that pricing is a starting point, I'll reach out to the dive shop I bought them from and see what's up.

Thanks!

For most regs it is a fairly quick job. So if you buy the kit from a local shop the install will probably be included. I know that when I made the conversion I only paid for parts.

For most regs it is a fairly quick job. So if you buy the kit from a local shop the install will probably be included. I know that when I made the conversion I only paid for parts.

I'll check it out. I'll also keep an eye out for anyone selling atomic yoke first stages here. I seem to have a habit of selling stuff and regretting it later.

Why not just get some spin on adaptors? I could probably come up with a few yokes that I can trade for the DIN parts but I’m off on a dive trip in a few days, back toward the end of the month.

I think I paid 65 bucks. Now I have both pieces and can switch them out depending where I am gonna be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom