Cost of Servicing Scubapro Regulators

What's the most you have ever paid for an annual regulator service?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DMDavid

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I know this has been covered before but the costs seem to change with time and I thought this would be a good time to revisit this question.

I recently dropped off two complete sets of Scubapro regulators to be service after a skipped annual servicing, I never asked how much it would cost because I assumed it would be in the normal ballpark range.

After receiving a call that my regulators were ready for pick up I asked what my total would be so that I could go prepared with the correct amount in hand.

What I dropped off was a Scubapro G250v with a R190 octo and the MK25 first stage, on the second set it was basically the same setup only difference was the primary second stage is a G250hp.

The quote I received was almost double of what I was expecting and what I have paid in the past.
In all fairness the regulator did need a high pressure hose replaced and a mouthpiece which is not part of a normal servicing.

So my question is what is the highest you've ever paid to have your regulators serviced outside of warranty?

I know this has been covered before but the costs seem to change with time and I thought this would be a good time to revisit this question.

I recently dropped off two complete sets of Scubapro regulators to be service after a skipped annual servicing, I never asked how much it would cost because I assumed it would be in the normal ballpark range.

After receiving a call that my regulators were ready for pick up I asked what my total would be so that I could go prepared with the correct amount in hand.

What I dropped off was a Scubapro G250v with a R190 octo and the MK25 first stage, on the second set it was basically the same setup only difference was the primary second stage is a G250hp.

The quote I received was almost double of what I was expecting and what I have paid in the past.
In all fairness the regulator did need a high pressure hose replaced and a mouthpiece which is not part of a normal servicing.

So my question is what is the highest you've ever paid to have your regulators serviced outside of warranty?

So...how much were you charged?

if you're paying for both parts and service, I would expect no less than $150 per set for the three stages, but I'm not sure what SP is charging for their parts kits right now

I got screwed by Tackle Shack this year on my scubapro regulator service. They said that scubapro had changed the parts for life program or ended it or something like that and that mine no longer qualified. All my regs had been purchased from legit scubapro dealers, one of them even came from Tackle shack. Unfortunately, the other scubapro dealer in my town does shoddy work and I've had them damage my regs before. I think it's probably time for me to sell these and switch brands.. I'll deal with it next winter.

I'm trying to decide between Poseidon (I've found some good deals on used regs), atomic, and hog. I was thinking with HOG they're cheap enough I could just resell them for half price and replace them every year instead of servicing them.

My LDS charged me $45 for MK25/X650, and my Air2 plus parts, less than $100 for all of it. They even chamber test your computer.

I dive Poseidons, used prices make them almost disposable, but they are the easiest regs to rebuild that I've done and the tuning is stupid simple once you learn the tricks to servicing them. Parts are available from DGX, and are pretty cheap

I would expect around $150 for 1st and two 2nds without additional non-service parts. So in your case with 2 regs, a hose and mouthpiece (assuming standard one, nothing fancy), about $400 total, $500 would be high but not out of the realm of reality.

-Chris

that skipped service probably kicked you out of the parts for life program which would explain why the cost doubled.

I have only brought my regs to a dealer for regulator service once. It was after the first year of ownership of the only new reg I've ever bought, a MK2/R190 that cost about $175. The service cost, with the free parts, was about $80. And, it went in for service with no problems, and came back honking like crazy and breathing poorly. That was the last time I ever took my reg there. $80/year for a regulator that cost $175? I don't think so....

Let me guess what you paid:
2) MK25 kits
2) G250 kits
2) R190 kits

That's probably about $170..... if I'm even close, WOW do they mark up these kits insanely

Labor, lets say $35/stage, that's $210

Mouthpiece, if it's a SP part at dive shop prices, I'd guess $25. HP hose, say $40. (BTW, I would bet $100 that you did not need the hose replaced)
Grand total $445 plus tax. How'd I do?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom