Cost of Cave 1 thru GUE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DIR Mexico lists Cave 1 at about $1500.

Dave Rhea charges $1200 for a 2 person class. $1800 for a private class. I would assume that JJ charges a premium for the class.

I don't think JJ would charge more than Rhea...

ppo2_diver:
Dave Rhea charges $1200 for a 2 person class. $1800 for a private class. I would assume that JJ charges a premium for the class.

In GUE there is no such thing as a private class

GUE's Standards 2006

See 1.4.10

1.4.10 Course Size

GUE courses must not be run with only one student. The only exception to this stipulation involves instructor training courses, which may be conducted with one candidate.

Right. I was just quoting Dave's web site. He hasn't changed it since the standards came out.

ppo2_diver:
Right. I was just quoting Dave's web site. He hasn't changed it since the standards came out.

Gotcha, when two buddies and I contacted David Rhea earlier this year it was going to be 1500 per person in instructor fees alone.

Also about Zero Gravity (Chris and Danny) there fee of 1300 includes instruction, tank rental, air fills, entry fees, GUE registration fee and a 10% national tax.

Mat4020:
Also about Zero Gravity (Chris and Danny) there fee of 1300 includes instruction, tank rental, air fills, entry fees, GUE registration fee and a 10% national tax.

Thats really not that bad. I mean cavern and intro can cost like $900 so when you add all the extras to that, and the fact that its GUE, $1300 is kind of on par. Although I think 15 or 18 is a bit high.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom