Corrugated Hose Length

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coldsmoke

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How long of a corrugated hose do you use/prefer. I have a Halcyon 55# wing that I bought second hand and the hose is 14". I am not sure if that is the stock hose, but it seems too long. I bangs against my stage and is sometimes a little hard to find quickly when carrying a stage. I was thinking of trying a 12".

Any comments?

Hunter

PS - I did search and while I found some interesting stuff, nothing that helped. Thanks.

I'm using the stocker on my Agir wing. It's really freaking long, and I need to change it out for a shorter one. I think most stock ones are 16 inchers.

I'm thinking about the BC-2099-12 (12 inch with elbow and inflator) from Dive Rite Air Cells (Wings) for Singles and Doubles so that I can keep the original long one as a backup. We had one Halcyon SS inflator blow apart last year and while cave line saved that dive...a better solution would have been to have an extra inflator handy.

oops - really, I know how to spell Length. :D

I just don't know how to edit the title...

Hunter

How long of a corrugated hose do you use/prefer. I have a Halcyon 55# wing that I bought second hand and the hose is 14". I am not sure if that is the stock hose, but it seems too long. I bangs against my stage and is sometimes a little hard to find quickly when carrying a stage. I was thinking of trying a 12".

Any comments?

Hunter

PS - I did search and while I found some interesting stuff, nothing that helped. Thanks.

I use the stock ones on a Halcyon 40 pound and 55 pounder, but its also possible those hoses have varied in lengths as Halcyon has improved products over the years.

The hose should be long enough to
- hold above your head and deflate the wing fully
- allow a LP hose to lie flat along the corrugated hose without bunching up
- if you use a drysuit, the LP hose should be long enough to inflate the d/suit in an emergency (you run out of Argon) or to hook up to a bag if absolutely necessary

in doubles, mine does interfere with stages a bit (esp. with 2 stages) but it is only just long enough to meet the above criteria, so I cannot shorten it any more

What did your instructor say when you took Tech1 ?

The hose should be long enough to
- hold above your head and deflate the wing fully
- allow a LP hose to lie flat along the corrugated hose without bunching up
- if you use a drysuit, the LP hose should be long enough to inflate the d/suit in an emergency (you run out of Argon) or to hook up to a bag if absolutely necessary

I have the opposite problem. I like mine to reach down to the bungee on the chest d-ring. With my new doubles wing (oxy) the corrugated hose is too short to do this which annoys me to no end. Does any of you secure the corrugated hose on the harness above the d-ring any other way (inner tube is pain because of the inflator) when this is an issue? Or should I assume I have deformed somehow and my d-ring has dropped too low... I like the corrugated hose short but I also would like it tidy and where I know to find it...

I have the opposite problem. I like mine to reach down to the bungee on the chest d-ring. With my new doubles wing (oxy) the corrugated hose is too short to do this which annoys me to no end. Does any of you secure the corrugated hose on the harness above the d-ring any other way (inner tube is pain because of the inflator) when this is an issue? Or should I assume I have deformed somehow and my d-ring has dropped too low... I like the corrugated hose short but I also would like it tidy and where I know to find it...

well, yes it really ought to reach the bungee so you can secure the inflator to the strap.

Are you sure your D-rings are located correctly? Should be approx at shoulder level so the inflator ought to reach (it would seem)

hmmm are your d-rings high enough? The triglide should be about a thumb width below the collarbone. Definately higher than the armpit. Even this high, 3-c backup lights are a marginal fit on the right side of many short torsoed folks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom