Converting Drager Dolphin to Standard DIN fittings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Doug Ebersole

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Does anyone know of an available conversion kit for the Drager Dolphin to allow it to use tanks with standard DIN valves? Traveling with the unit is difficult as most shops don't have tanks with Drager valves. You can always fly with the valve and see if the local shop will let you use it on one of their smaller nitrox tanks, but that is a hassle as well. Any thoughts?

debersole:
Does anyone know of an available conversion kit for the Drager Dolphin to allow it to use tanks with standard DIN valves? Traveling with the unit is difficult as most shops don't have tanks with Drager valves. You can always fly with the valve and see if the local shop will let you use it on one of their smaller nitrox tanks, but that is a hassle as well. Any thoughts?

Douglas try this thread
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=72689&page=2&pp=10
and also :
http://www.scubaboard.com/t9978-.html

I know of a few websites also, i'll look them up, thanks for the diving this weekend as me and David had a great experiance as i will post it here soon in the rebreather section, we are finalley SCR certified !!! Thank's again, Marco

debersole:
Does anyone know of an available conversion kit for the Drager Dolphin to allow it to use tanks with standard DIN valves?
TecMe in Germany doesn't offer a kit per se, but they do offer just about any adapter for the Dolphin you can think of and then some. Have a look at their page and see what you need.

Stefan

caveseeker7:
TecMe in Germany doesn't offer a kit per se, but they do offer just about any adapter for the Dolphin you can think of and then some. Have a look at their page and see what you need.

Stefan

Thanks! I checked out their website and it looks like they have what I need. I've emailed them so I'll let you know what I find out.

Doug

scwdive:
Check out this link: http://oxycheq.com/rebreather_sales.html, and scroll down for an converter that should meet your needs. Safe diving

Thanks for both of the links -- TecMe and Oxycheq. They both have adaptors. TecMe in Germany has one that requires taking apart the current Drager Valve and with shipping is $68 USD. Oxycheq has an adaptor that fits over the current valve and lists for $32.

I'm going to order from Oxycheq as soon as California wakes up this morning!

How did the DIN adapter work out? Ours required some additional machining after we received it.

I got the one from OxyCheq and it works great. At first there was a little leak but with working it back and forth a few times it worked great.

Atticus:
How did the DIN adapter work out? Ours required some additional machining after we received it.

Really? I was going to order a DIN adapter also, i didn't know there was extra maching required.

Also, anyone know where to get a Fill Adapter, as right now i can't fill my tank, the LDS around here dosn't have, or carry them, so now i have this pretty black Dolphin siting here, and i can't dive it cause i can't get the tank's filled!!

FLTEKDIVER:
Really? I was going to order a DIN adapter also, i didn't know there was extra maching required.

I dont for a moment want to discourage anyone from buying these. When we purchased the adapter Patrick mentioned that on some older Dragers a little modification may be required. He was honest with us up front. After the modification the adapter worked well.

I was just wondering if anyone else had the same problem ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom