Convert and direct me please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

..........they say you get used to it...
I think they mean numb to it! :D

This was the coldest I had been. Plan on a little colder later this year (ice diving). We are diving this Thursday night was well. Hopefully my new (used, but new to me) drysuit will be here in time.

One of the things that threw me just a little at first was that my mask froze up! :confused:

I rarely have fogging problems with my mask because I take the standard necessary steps to prevent it, so I was a little surprised that my mask "fogged up" so quickly. Luckily I didn't say anything because I would have felt like an idiot when I learned the truth. It was ice on the lenses! :shakehead:

I really appreciated all the info that was provided by SB'ers in this thread. Eventually, we decided to take a left turn (or right turn as the case may be) and scrap the idea of importing tanks from the States. BTW, I may have forgotten to mention that the main reason I was even leaning that way (importing used tanks from US) was because we had an opportunity for almost free shipping ($5 a bottle).

We opted for 12 liter HP (300 bar/4350psi) steels. What a sweet (but heavy) little unit (if I did the math right that is like a 127 cuft tank). We got such a great deal on them that it worked out for everyone. My LDS notoriously has problems with running out of tanks in the summer - just not enough to go around, so the owner let me buy one at his cost if I would be willing to store it at the DS and allow him to use/rent it out. He also will keep it serviced and he threw in the little doo-dads like boot, net, valve plug, etc. AND he lets me have free air re-fills. WOW! :shocked2: I thought that I couldn't pass that up. Time will tell if I like the tank. I know I like the deal! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom