Continuous Web harness or other

Contineous Web harness or other on your BP?

• Contineous Web harness

Votes: 71 77.2%
  • Other

Votes: 21 22.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All 3 of mine are continuous.

PS - my fist rig was a SeaQuest Balance, my second rig was a DR "Delux" harness that I bought hoping for the benefits of a BP/W and the comfort of a BCD only to find out it lacked the benefits of a BP/W while maintaining the drawbacks of a BCD.

:shocked2:

Both of my current rigs - worn in wrecks, caves, and on 30' pretty-fishy reef dives; as doubles or singles; diving with tech buddies or DM w/OW students - are continuous one-piece rigs. Which, by the way, are far and away more comfortable than either of their predecessors.

Greetings everyone this thread has spawned some interesting comments.
Donning and doffing in the water for an exit and the different thoughts on which harness is best.
Personally either harness you choose you should be adequately trained and practice donning and doffing in and out of the water. It takes a little time to be proficient at either. I have done both with equal success.
Waves and conditions top side can make exits very sporty or uneventful.

Cutting a harness is just SOP in rescue situations no use in debating that issue.
The harness is the least of issues, I have seen awesome dry suits fall to the trama scissors and well as new wet suits. In those moments $$$$ is meaningless.
If this were a part of the OP's original question it would be cheaper to go continuous because of the replacement factor as previously stated.

Great conversation and information given in this thread.
Thank you all.

CamG keep diving....Keep training....Keep learning!

RJP said it first,
I was wondering why you would have to cut me out of my one piece harness. I managed to get into it without cutting. Just undo the waist buckle, crotch strap and slide it off my shoulders

RJP said it first,
I was wondering why you would have to cut me out of my one piece harness. I managed to get into it without cutting. Just undo the waist buckle, crotch strap and slide it off my shoulders

Because some people remain convinced that extracting yourself from a single-piece harness takes a decade of yoga study, an internship with Houdini and a black belt in 'Chicken Wing'....

Having read the first post of this thread I'd say the Halcyon isn't a "Standard" type.

Halcyon uses a single piece of webbing threaded through the back plate just like any other system out there. The only difference is that they use moulded plastic placed in between the back plate and the webbing to allow it to slide easier. There are no extra buckles or gizmos that change the configuration of the webbing in any way. It sounds like a continuous web harness to me. :wink:

Because some people remain convinced that extracting yourself from a single-piece harness takes a decade of yoga study, an internship with Houdini and a black belt in 'Chicken Wing'....

Well sure yeah... I did all those things but still????

The only problem I ever encountered was my wrist gauges catching on the harness. A problem quickly solved by turning them inwards when suiting up (Harry taught me that).

The only problem I ever encountered was my wrist gauges catching on the harness. A problem quickly solved by turning them inwards when suiting up (Harry taught me that).

After this thread I figured the solution might have been to cut off your arm :D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom