Continuous Web harness or other

Contineous Web harness or other on your BP?

• Contineous Web harness

Votes: 71 77.2%
  • Other

Votes: 21 22.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RAWalker

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Is the harness on your BP&W a standard contineous web harness or any other that includes any type of shoulder release or sternum strap?

Dueling polls. <cue banjo>

Not quite dueling from reading the other poll it was obvious that some readers felt they didn't fall into a group that was listed. This is to simplfy the results.

My harness is not quite a continous weave- DR Delux harness. It does have a sternum strap, as I need one to help keep the shoulder harness in place. I do not have the quick release shoulder harness, but I do have the sternum strap.

Greetings RA Walker on both of my plates it is continuous.
This is to be simple and uniform as possible with line cutters attached for removal if necessary.
I have used both but prefer to keep it simple just my opinion on back mount.

That being said, on Side Mount I prefer just the opposite for easier removal in tight spaces or overhead environments.
Again this is my opinion and not a standard just my practice.
I know others who use what they have and love it so really "if it works for you" then have at it.
I am not one to demand a certain configuration but I do think that there are configurations that are better suited to specific environments.
Good luck and safe diving.

CamG Keep diving....Keep training....Keep learning!

Continuous (or contineous :D) is what I have. I have not gained much experience with the harness as of yet (maybe 20 or so dives) so I plan on diving it more before I pass judgement or consider other options.

Continuous on both my single and my doubles setup. :D

I started off with the DR deluxe harness due to a bad shoulder. Thought it would be easier to get in and out of. Since then I have removed the "sternum" or chest strap and have not used the quick release buckle on the shoulder yet. If I was to buy it again it would be the basic one piece webbing harness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom