Console vs Wrist

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aklinz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
As a diver who plans only "vacation" dives to tropical resorts, I am interested to know if rental shops in the tropics allow one to attach a console to their rental regulators. If not, I would plan to simply get a wrist mounted computer. Any feedback on this ?
Andrew Klinzmann

Depends on the shop/operation. Most major ones will work with you, but it would only take one who didn't to negatively impact your dive plans. If you do not have plans to buy your own gear, I would recommend a wrist computer (even if you were buying your own gear it is a great way to go). Aeris and Oceanic have nice ones that will double as a watch at reasonable prices. You can leave your other watches at home and step on the boat and not have to worry about attaching a console.

A place that would not let you mount you console to their first stage probably has wrist computers for rent. :D

Take only as many unforeseen circumstances as You deem necessary.

I wouldn't let customers tinker with my shops regulators.

You either bring your own reg, if computer is attached, or you wear a wrist mounted computer.

It's just one of the many good reasons why you should primarily consider getting a wrist mounted computer...

A place that would not let you mount you console to their first stage probably has wrist computers for rent. :D
Yes, but then you've lugged a brick-sized console for the privilege of leaving it in your hotel room while using a computer you're probably unfamiliar with. Especially if you're renting regulators, a wrist-mounted computer seems like a clear choice.

Yes, but then you've lugged a brick-sized console for the privilege of leaving it in your hotel room while using a computer you're probably unfamiliar with. Especially if you're renting regulators, a wrist-mounted computer seems like a clear choice.

You're so correct. They probably won't let you mount your console to force you to rent from them......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom