Considering diving, BP/W is ok?

Witch BC I should buy?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep. Hopefully if I buy it from them they'll help me figure out how the heck I put it all together too :)

Funny how different experiences can be. Hollywood Divers is my LDS so a BP/W seems totally normal to me. In fact it's probably harder to find a jacket BC there. Hard for me to relate to shops or shop employees that don't deal with a BP/W,

Just to add a note though all of the the staff at HD are totally cool with recreational only divers, not at all tech snobs,

---------- Post added December 14th, 2013 at 11:46 PM ----------

I'll find out this spring. Pick up my BP/W tomorrow, we'll see how it compares to my SeaQuest Balance back inflate.

Not the same as a jacket, I know, but still...

I probably did my first 300 or so dives in a Seaquest Balance before I switched to a Halcyon Infinity and the Traveler for tropical trips. While I prefer the BP/W I didn't find it to be a night and day difference. An improvement yes but not a religious conversion nirvana like so many write about. That may just be because the Balance is a good back inflate BC.

DSS backplates do not require a STA (single tank adaptor) . That is a big plus in my opinion.

Yep. Hopefully if I buy it from them they'll help me figure out how the heck I put it all together too :)

Everyone says the X-tek is too expensive and most people prefer the Halcyon Infinity witch is the same price. Again I'm not a diver, but looking a the pictures, the X-tek looks like much better. What would be the advantages - disadvantages between both?

I wouldn't bother with the Infinity unless there's some specific reason you can't use a OPH. I have Halcyon singles and doubles wings and like them both.

thanks everyone for the votes, reviews and suggestions. Today I've made a new addition to my gear, I purchased the Suunto D6i computer, it was on sale +free transmitter.

So I've also decided that I will purchasing the Halcyon Infinity. Also changed my mind on the ScubaPro regulators, thinking about the Atomic M1 now, but I'm afraid of service costs, my LDS said it was expensive, I might be going with Apeks, he also said its better for colder water, I live in Canada...

thanks everyone for the votes, reviews and suggestions. Today I've made a new addition to my gear, I purchased the Suunto D6i computer, it was on sale +free transmitter.

So I've also decided that I will purchasing the Halcyon Infinity. Also changed my mind on the ScubaPro regulators, thinking about the Atomic M1 now, but I'm afraid of service costs, my LDS said it was expensive, I might be going with Apeks, he also said its better for colder water, I live in Canada...
The per service cost may be more but since you only have to service every other year the overall cost is less.

I have now sold and switched all of it to what I really want. Hope you don't have to do the same.

I think EVERYONE has to do this. More than once if you've been diving a while. It's a rite of passage.

As most regulators recommened service every year the M1 recommends every 2 years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom