Considering changing my Aqua Lung i3 inflator to a AL powerline Inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is where you are wrong. I have been diving a Mares Dragonfly AT for about 23 years without any problems or issues. It is my favorite BCD. Mares is still using it, so I assume they haven't had any isues
Thanks for posting that. I do recall seeing that system before. Actually, it may be a better implementation than the i3. No lever, so less likely to get hung up and pulled.

But, it still hasn’t gained traction. It’s still more af a niche offering, and only among a couple manufacturers. Unlike weight integration, for example, where it’s tough to find a company that doesn’t have a weight integrated BC.

Mares Dragonfly AT for about 23 years without any problems or issues. It is my favorite BCD

You be RIGHT!!! I remember that in late 90's/00's Mares rep. coming to my store in NY showing me the Mares version of the i3 inflator, that's around 23 years ago!! Yes, it wasn't just AL that had this type of mechanism.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom