conshelf regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The tube that houses the adjustment knob on my KMB-8 is braised onto the reg, not screwed into that port. I have no need to make it an adjustable but I did not see any other reason for the extra port as I can easily reach the parts needed to make the tuning adjustments. I will have to take the KMB-8 apart and compare them when I have some spare time. I never heard of the Gulf. Why did they stop making it?

I did not think that he had that much influence at US. I was under the impression that US bought KM for their patents and then pushed them both out not long after.

The parts on my KMB-8 are interchangeable with these regs. I thought I had never worked on a conshelf before I started taking them apart but it turns out I have been working on them for decades.

As myself and Nenrod keep saying, the humble Conshelf 2nd stage doesn't get the respect it deserves.

Many will give the KM Superflow credit for being a high performance, high flowing, easy breathing and might well call it one of the best regs ever made and then completely ignore the Conshelf.

I had no idea they were the same regs before I started working on them. I currently use Scubapro R108HPs and R109s because I had experience working on the 109 that was built into my General Aquadyn DMC-7 helmet. I was just going to clean them up and resell them but now I will probably keep at least one for myself. I am going to take apart the first stages today, one is a conshelf 12 and the other is an aquarius. Any opinions as to which of these first stages is better?

The Conshelf........balanced diaphragm with factory parts readily available.
The Aquarius is also good.....unbalanced, flowby piston with externally adjustable IP (like the Conshelf). Factory parts discontinued but generic parts easily obtainable.

KM also used a Conshelf 1st stage for their bailout reg.

Do you know what size O ring is used on the inlet fitting for the second stages?

I don't........to be honest I don't think I have ever replaced one, since it is static. I have occasionally flipped one if it was a bit flattened on one side.

No problem, I went to my LDS yesterday and was able to find the right size O rings for the second stages and the Aquarius first stage. I should have no problem when I do the Conshelf first as Amron carries parts for this even if my LDS does not. The only thing I could not get at my LDS was the seat for the Aquarius first stage. The one I have will work for now but I would like to find a backup part for the future.

Aquarius First Stage.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom