Conshelf Parts Availability Changes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PartFish

Registered
Reaction score
A dive outfit out of Florida that I follow made an announcement that Aqualung has discontinued service kits for the conshelf regs, and that they will no longer be able to service them. I asked what the scoop was and was told that Aqualung sent a letter to dealers informing them of the decision to make changes to parts availability.

This seems a little far fetched and I cannot find any other source for this information. Can anyone here confirm/deny?

Given that the Conshelf and the Titan use the same service kit, I think this is unlikely and seems more like the shop is fishing hard to sell you a new regulator…but I am not an Aqualung insider so have no specific knowledge to the veracity either way. It would be interesting to see confirmation of this though.

-Z

Whatever happens, there are several sources for aftermarket diaphragms, HP seats and sintered filters. The orings are commonly available. Though I still have a couple kits on hand, I can't remember the last time I used one instead of aftermarket stuff.

As @Zef correctly said, the first stage uses same kit as early Titan and is still available.

Even if they stopped making them tomorrow it's not a real problem as diaphragm, hp O ring, back up O ring and hp seat are still used in current production regs. The only item that might be an issue is the disc filter.

The second stage uses only one O ring inlet side and one other if it has side tuning port, both can be easily sourced. You need a nyloc nut, again easily sourced, and a puck seat just as easily sourced.

Fret not.

Are the o-rings standard sizes? If known, can they be listed by stage/component for reference?

-Z

Now I don't wish any of you to have dived as long as I have only due to the age that accompanies such feats
However with such feats also comes the almost obligatory accumulation of lots of stuff with the lots of years

So after a bit you acquire your own personal spare parts department

321 004a.jpg

Then you can do some fiddling or now what has become due to the usuals and now the tinkerer in brass
and his merry band of complete lunatics, that conduct a combo of watchmakingbrainsurgeryengineerink

320 008a (2).jpg

and also you can set yourself up your own watchmakingbrainsurgeryengineerink shop which I'm currently
doing in my new joint, this time not in the laundry, but then "they" do say habits are hard to break where
you go out with your fingers, and buy a sort of cheapo hole saw set, and set about grinding off the teeth
when you have a bit of spare time during the advert breaks in between the Kardashians and the Bachelor

319 004a.jpg

For punching out all sorts of tinks!

See the hole saw punch at the bottom with a punched out insertion rubber diaphragm next to it

See the little baggie full of millions of punched out seats for millions of regs for millions of years

After I emptied out the funny stuff ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha prrrrfft cough cough yeah man!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom