Question Best resource for discontinued Aqualung parts (Legend LX ACD)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

veryfastfourier

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been trying to track down some Aqualung DIN conversion kits for a pair of 2006 Legend LX ACD regulators that I have that are currently yoke. I've been asking my AL reps & LDS(s) to try and order one for me on and off for a few years and the answer from AL has always been a resounding "that part has been discontinued and we don't have any stock of these any more". It looks like trying to get a pair from AL officially is not going to work.

Does anyone here have any tips or secret resources for where I could make one last valiant attempt to find a pair of these?

My understanding from a bunch of past SB threads and service manuals (such as this one) is that the part number I need is #129227 (described as "Converts original non-ACD Legend in Yoke or DIN to ACD DIN") - at least, that's what my local AL tech ~5 years ago told me when I started this search! As far as I understand, the Legend first stage design was changed circa 2011/2013 so apparently the newer DIN conversion kits (that are available) will not work with my 2006 LX ACDs. If I'm wrong on this, and I can modify a newer ACD DIN conversion kit to work with my regs, I'd love to know!

Thanks @buddhasummer !

I believe the part number is #129227, described as "DIN ACD Conversion Kit, Legend <2011 | Converts original non-ACD Legend in Yoke or DIN to ACD DIN".

My Legend's are currently ACD already but the original service tech I spoke to ~5 years said that this was the right part #. If any Aqualung experts know better, then I would love to know!

(Sorry! I don't have enough messages, yet, to initiate a DM!)

I've been trying to track down some Aqualung DIN conversion kits for a pair of 2006 Legend LX ACD regulators that I have that are currently yoke. I've been asking my AL reps & LDS(s) to try and order one for me on and off for a few years and the answer from AL has always been a resounding "that part has been discontinued and we don't have any stock of these any more". It looks like trying to get a pair from AL officially is not going to work.

Does anyone here have any tips or secret resources for where I could make one last valiant attempt to find a pair of these?

My understanding from a bunch of past SB threads and service manuals (such as this one) is that the part number I need is #129227 (described as "Converts original non-ACD Legend in Yoke or DIN to ACD DIN") - at least, that's what my local AL tech ~5 years ago told me when I started this search! As far as I understand, the Legend first stage design was changed circa 2011/2013 so apparently the newer DIN conversion kits (that are available) will not work with my 2006 LX ACDs. If I'm wrong on this, and I can modify a newer ACD DIN conversion kit to work with my regs, I'd love to know!
I have an early legend LX, the part #129227 fits only the newer legend that has the Ring in the body/hsg,
if your hsg is machined flat it will not accept the new DIN kit as it is set up for the updated Hsg w/ the Ring machined into the main Hsg if that makes sense. I have tried several times to call Aqualung leaving message's but no one will contact me back.

Back
Top Bottom