Dive Rite RG1205 parts no longer available, is there a "cross reference"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

telemonster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Was told by my local shop that the Dive Rite RG1205 regulator service parts are no longer available.

I assume most of these branded units are made in China and may share internal design across brands? How true is this?

Is there a cross reference of service kits?

Is your DR 1st stage silver or black?

NorthEast Scuba Supply claims to still have some, and might be able to answer your interchangeability question. Call and talk to John.
My DRs are black (1208); I suppose I'm next....

Yea I saw that. But I was wondering if regulators in general have a lot of re-label product that technically uses the same service kits. Since it's all made in the same factories.

Virginia Scuba is handling it, and I told them for this go around it's cool if they source whatever. But then I was thinking, no way does DR manufacture these things themselves... who made it? And did they make others that are the same, and the parts still exist for all of that?

DGX sells most of the parts you need to replace independently - although diaphragms are OOS there now.

Regulator Replacement Parts - Dive Rite First Stage

Hog D1, the DR1208, XTX50 and WMD 804 all have very similar guts so it should not be difficult to service. If you keep a few seats, filters, diaphragms, and thrust washers on hand you should be good for years and years.

DGX sells most of the parts you need to replace independently - although diaphragms are OOS there now.

Regulator Replacement Parts - Dive Rite First Stage

Hog D1, the DR1208, XTX50 and WMD 804 all have very similar guts so it should not be difficult to service. If you keep a few seats, filters, diaphragms, and thrust washers on hand you should be good for years and years.

I saw the kits they had, but assumed the DR1205 is different than the DR1208, otherwise DR would sell the DR1208 kit as a maint kit for the DR1205?

Figure when it comes time to replace I will probably replace the DR with DGX Gears D6 stuff. Friend just ordered a set, I will check out his. But in the mean time wouldn't mind it if I can keep the Dive Rite regulators going. I only use them when I dive open circuit which hasn't been a ton lately.

Other than external finish color, I'm not sure how these regs differ.

I didn't compare the whole part lists, but most of the consumable part numbers in my manuals are the same between the DR 1200 and 1208. I have many 1208s that I rebuild myself, and between DGX, northeast scuba, cave adventurers, and ebay I have no concerns about keeping them going long into the future.

edit - the diaphragm material is different between the 1205 and 1208....

RG1205 and RG1208 service kits

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom