Conshelf 21s vs Conshelf SE2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The cold water kit may or may not have fluid under it. The old ones did, but the later ones used a plastic piston instead of the fluid. In any case unless you dive cold water, it is optional It looks better with a standard Conshelf cap but you can just remove the second diaphragm and fluid/piston and use it as is.

I sure hope the person at the LDS that didn't know what the 1/2 LP port was for was just a sales person and not a reg tech....if he was, get the reg back and find a new shop.

The cold water add on makes the regulator a "Supreme" model. Under that rubber cover is about 1 oz of liquid silicone. It's a pain in the neck to service and fill because of the liquid. Unless you are doing ice diving, you don't need it. The good news is that you can replace that cap with any Conshelf cap (like the one on the SE2) if you want to swap them.
Thank you so much, that s the answer I was looking for
Am too much of a newbie to attempt ice diving so I'll get the Conshelf SE2 serviced
I ll hang on to the Conshelf 21s in case I want to attempt ice diving in future
Tried both on a tank yesterday, they both seemed to run fine, after a decade in storage, second stages seemed to flutter on exhale, and the 21s second stage seemed to run open a little and a little harder to inhale

The cold water kit may or may not have fluid under it. The old ones did, but the later ones used a plastic piston instead of the fluid. In any case unless you dive cold water, it is optional It looks better with a standard Conshelf cap but you can just remove the second diaphragm and fluid/piston and use it as is.

I sure hope the person at the LDS that didn't know what the 1/2 LP port was for was just a sales person and not a reg tech....if he was, get the reg back and find a new shop.
The LDS clerk was not the tech guy, just a clerk, but very helpful, he let me try on most of the bcds they had in stock, Mares, Sherwood, Aqualung, and I decided to upgrade to a Zeagle Stiletto (close second was the Ranger), also based mostly on recommendations from this board; it'll be my first bcd, jumping right to rear inflate instead of the rental jacket bcds I ve always used

At the time it was considered a feature. One can move more air through a bigger opening, even if it's not actually needed.

This thread should be moved to Regulators. @mike baz, you can have the Mods move the thread by clicking on report and asking. You will get more responses there.
Thank you for the tip, will do

and here may be something they may see

full.jpg

Also found this video by Vintage Double Hose Scuba

I'm very happy you found your video don't know why I'm so obtuse at times

Have a look, learn some stuff, get some help, no better around than in here

Mate, people on here build stuff from stuff that wasn't even meant to be built from and it ends up on top

Servicing your regs is totally up to you

with the step by step advice from the folks on here they call "The Usual Suspects" and all the other fiddlers
and tinkerers, your stuff will go back together better than it was, and all with much laughter and happiness

I'm very happy you found your video don't know why I'm so obtuse at times

Have a look, learn some stuff, get some help, no better around than in here

Mate, people on here build stuff from stuff that wasn't even meant to be built from and it ends up on top

Servicing your regs is totally up to you

with the step by step advice from the folks on here they call "The Usual Suspects" and all the other fiddlers
and tinkerers, your stuff will go back together better than it was, and all with much laughter and happiness

Hi Happy Diver, I bought the Zeagle Stileto, based on member recommendations to go straight to that kind of design, am excited to try it.
For the regs I met the tech and he will do a total rebuild, due to the 1/2" LP port on the Conshelf SE2 he is thinking of using the body of the Conshelf 21s cold water, with all 3/8" LP ports, but take out the rubber silicon cap, and put the cap of the SE2. I told him I would like a Miflex hose for my second stage and they don t come in 1/2" LP. He also equipped me with a sausage and spool and a flexible snorkel. Price wise he could not match the prices I found on the internet, but I told him I d prefer buying locally from him, so he made a good effort.
I thought about doing the refit myself, but I lack the ultrasonic cleaner, the tank and control valve, the parts (apparently AquaLung does not sell to non dealers,) and the time (was going to fly out on Monday but it took all day to book a covid1984 test to return to Montreal - so leaving got postponed)
Thanks again for the help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom