Connecticut shore diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basically any of the CT beaches would make for a good beach dive (if you have a metal detector). Most of these beaches will produce an assortment of gold rings and jewelry.

Unfortunetely, I do not have specific CT locations. I do have an online guide to NJ beach dives
Aqua Explorers

The online guide for Long Island NY Beach dive should be up within 2 wks.

Safe Diving
capt. Dan
Aqua Explorers Inc and Capt. Dan Berg's Wreck Valley Shipwreck charter boat.

The Western Sound is very shallow on the CT Side. SO to get any appreciable depth you may need to swim out a bit. The biggest problem is that CT just doesn't have all that much public access. Here are some of the beaches that you can go to: Connecticut - Beaches

This time of year there most likely will not be anyone around to collect beach or parking fees, but you never know.

Expect that the visibility will be limited to zero and you will not be disappointed.

Out to the East you can try Harkness Memorial Beach in Waterford. The further East you go the better the vis should get.

If you don't mind traveling a bit further you can get to a number of sides in Rhode Island. I suggest Beaver Tail Point and Fort Weatherall on Jamestown Island or Kings Beach in Newport.

On second thought, If you just want to get wet, try Sasco Beach at 1401 Sasco Beach Road. It is just a bit from you in Fairfield and there should be no parking problems.

thanks to all for suggestions....anyone want to travel and dive at Dutch with us next weekend the 25-26 all are welcome. check the nydivers board

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom