Conditions Report - Morehead City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be there at the end of next week. I'm considering staying at the Dive Lodge. Anybody have any experience for pros/cons of the place? How bad is it? As long as its reasonably clean and maybe has some A/C then I'm sold.

Thanks - just wanted a quick sanity check. I just booked a spot at the lodge.

I'm looking forward to the diving. Never been down there before.

You will have a great time as long as the boat goes, & believe me they go in some tough conditions so take some meds (even if you NEVER get seasick) I have seen plenty of people have the worse day of their life ( & more importantly NOT dive) because they NEVER get seasick.

Yeah - I'm pretty much always seasick without meds, but with meds I'm usually OK. Just hope the meds are enough. If not then hopefully the boat ride is long enough for me to go through the get sick - puke - get better cycle :)

I'm optimistic that I'll be alright.

Just remember that no matter how bad you feel, you will be better in the water so suck it up & get off that boat.
My wife gets about as sick as anyone, but she always makes the dives & it makes it worth the while.

The Dive Lodge is one of the best kept secrets of Morehead City. Make sure you tell everybody you didn't like it.:cool2:

hehe, will do.

I also agree with the other posters that things are usually better once you are in the water. I find the worst time is when you are anchored at the site waiting to get in... Dramamine usually does the trick for me though. I did have one time on a windy day in Cozumel though where I felt OK and didn't really notice much current until the end of the dive I was getting pretty sick on the safety stop. I was feeling pretty rough back on the boat, but some water and cantaloupe got me back to normal.

So sounds like the dives should be in the high 70's. I'm planning to take my 3mm full suit. Haven't done much real wreck diving, but I imagine it might be worth bringing along some warm water gloves, yeah? I also have a reel I can bring along, but I'm all rec so far... never even used it. Just got it cause it was on sell for $10 and figured I'd find a use someday. Any other NC gear tips?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom