Conditions Report - Morehead City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nema@Olympus

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi SB Gang and greetings from Olympus Dive Center!

Although I typically correspond through our newsletter or website, I thought I would hop on SB and give a conditions update....which are FABULOUS!

Water temperature is a warm 73 degrees and climbing so most divers are wearing a 3mm already.

Visibility has been averaging 50 - 70 feet.

The sand tiger sharks are out in full force on popular wrecks like the Spar and Aeolus.

There U-352 is teaming with exciting fish life and the resident southern sting rays are still present and seem to be getting larger.

NOAA is predicting the extended range forcast to be perfect for our long boat rides.

With that we are extremely excited..COME SEE US!!!

Nema Triplett
Charter Manager
Olympus Dive Center

Wonderful, 13 days here!

Wonderful, 13 days here!

What days are you diving? I'll be there 23rd & 24th. If you are around say hi, I'll be wearing a really grunge Dive Cozumel hat.

:eek:fftopic: and now back to our regularly scheduled program.

We're arriving on the 23rd and diving with DD 24-27.

I'll have an Auburn hat on. It's orange you can't miss it.

excellent, nema!

Boy, that is welcome news on conditions.

I plan to be out with Olympus on the 24th, 25th and 26th

Boy, that is welcome news on conditions.

I plan to be out with Olympus on the 24th, 25th and 26th

It is welcoming news!

Our boats were on the Spar, Aeolus and U-352 today and yesterday on the Atlas. Bottom temperature on all was 73 degrees. Visibility on the Atlas was 80 + feet with TONS of sand tigers. Visibility today on the Spar, Aeolus and U-352 was 50 + feet and all the divers had huge smiles on their faces!

Tomorrow's group is talking about a night dive the Indra or Spar..I'll keep you posted!

The lastest version of the conditions updated is in the form of a video shot by Bobby Purifoy. Enjoy.

June 14 Video on of the Spar

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom