Conditions Report - Morehead City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I'm starting to think I may just stick with my more sure plan of local diving in quarries, then going to the Caribbean when its time for some better diving. Seems like the times I've looked for the higher end diving closer to home, either the dive or the conditions have not been great. I guess if I'm ever in the area again though, I might pop by and see if there is an open spot. Seems like a hard thing to plan an itinerary for ahead of time though.

Truthfully, I guess that is the nature of diving in general. The ocean seems to totally ignore my requests sometimes :)

I was on my 5th scheduled trip before I actually got wet. Only one of those actually involved driving all the way down, couple of others I got headed off early in the drive day.

Also, some shops are better than others about calling things a day early than others.

I've been quite lucky this season. Scheduled 7 days of diving in 2 separate trips (late June and this past weekend). Made it out all 7 days ... 15 dives logged. Of the 7 days, 2 were somewhat rough and the other 5 were quite calm. I must be charmed!

One trip blown out a couple of weeks ago. Rescheduled for end of the month. I am the only person scheduled to go out with Olympus on Mon 8/31 and Tues 9/1, or at least I was when I called them Friday. So please I need people to come on out and dive with me so we can get the charter going!

Back
Top Bottom