Concrete entry at Marine Land?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

People are kidding on some of these threads - but my last couple of OC dives have been a step beyond learning braile. Still fun though.

Here's the Super Slide they had near Orky and Corky's tank.
7236049.jpg

JMdiver:
Ken I use to feel the same way about the OC but then went w/ someone that was familar with the site & now have have a lot of great dives there. We have had 40 ft vis there on some days.

John

Must have been the other 360 days. The 5 I've been there were pretty bad.

and the .5 dive was maybe 10 feet. I don't need to drive for two hours to get that.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
Must have been the other 360 days. The 5 I've been there were pretty bad.

and the .5 dive was maybe 10 feet. I don't need to drive for two hours to get that.
The last Wrinkles dive at Heisler Park in October was pretty darn good... 25' vis, tho there was enough particulate (sand) swirling in the water column that photos were tough.

I've heard that was an anomaly, however, which is a shame, because it was a really nice dive!

Max:

It would be cool if you would start a thread about when Marineland was Marineland and what and where everything was.

Would really appreciate that.

Jim

According to the Opening Day VIP brochure, the "Marineland Inn is a smartly appointed Inn being built at Marineland to afford hotel accommodations at the project. Construction will be in steps down the cliff. The first section, of 10 units, is expected to be ready for the opening of the Oceanarium in the summer of 1954. It will lay on the crest of the mesa, while succeeding levels are planned on gradual descents from the cliff towards the sea where it pounds on the rocky shore below. This construction will afford each unit a provate patio and an unobstructed, unsurpassed view of the blue Pacific...truly an attraction in itself that is destined to become world renowned!"

"The first unit of the Marineland Inn adjoins the Marineland Restaurant building and shares the spectacular view. Projecting wing walls provide private porches for each of the rental units. The room charge for a single will be $8.00, and $10.00 for a double."

Book it Max.

Robert Phillips:
Just because one cove is named after a small cross section of enthusiast does not mean it is intended for them.

If you're talking about Diver's Cove, I think it was actually named after cliff divers. Can't remember where I heard that though.

Wow, cool find, Max! It was neat, yet sad, to see the aquarium again... is it still there? I'm guessing it's gone by now. I once swam with the fishies in that aquarium as a kid, but I barely remember it, it was so long ago... I'm sure that contributed to the early spark that eventually led me to diving, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom