Concrete entry at Marine Land?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i love it the way it is... out of the 50 times i've been there, i've only been in 20 times. 4 of which were at the point.

here's a hint for you... if you see a bunch of divers early sunday morning drinking in the parking lot instead of diving... it's too rough to go in. we warned a couple of divers that it was too rough one day... they went in instead of listening. we had to assist them both back up the hill. the guy busted his knee. i know another guy that went in when it was rough and smashed his head/eye on a rock and needed stitches and a plastic surgeon.

Robert Phillips:
...I would, however, support the degradation of access at these sites for anyone who is a permanent resident of any city east of Saddleback Mountain though!:D

Whew... I guess that means I'm safe.

Robert Phillips:
I'm glad that you remembered that! At least I got to be part of it!:D

You pinned it. I was thinking "all my dives in OCal have sucked..." then I lightbulbed the moment - the 18 minutes of our 36 minute dive that kinda didn't suck.

You're too funny to remember that.

So yes - you were there on Point-Five!

---
Ken

Great discussion folks! The challenge of Marineland is part of the attraction...you gotta WANT IT, you work for it, and you are rewarded with one of the best shore dives in SoCal.

Heading off on a tangent...I volunteered to help man the Reef Check display the at AOP this past weekend and talked with a lot of So Cal divers. What surprised me is how many local divers avoid diving locally! The reasons given were: too cold, too dark, too rough. I guess a part of me is grateful...if every certified diver in LA showed up to dive on weekends it'd get pretty crowded!

Why don't they just put in a Water Slide from the parking lot to the point and some escalators?

A Starbucks would be nice also.

I say we pen some orcas there too and build a gift shop.

LAJim:
I say we pen some orcas there too and build a gift shop.
Add SNUBA and some paddle-boats... and it's a party!!

Oh Oh... and I vote for a trebuchet to actually Launch fully geared divers right over that pesky rocky littoral zone and into the heart of the action.

Thank goodness you guys stay on your meds.... and away from the planning committee meetings.:popcorn:

:rofl3: Claudette

Glycerin:
Why don't they just put in a Water Slide from the parking lot to the point and some escalators?

A Starbucks would be nice also.
Because you can't shuffle onto an escalator in your split fins... and Peet's is better.

Everyone knows this.
What? Did you hit your head????:shakehead

'Dette

But there is a precident for both the orcas and the gift shop ... the water slide is a little over the top ... visualize log flume.

Ken I use to feel the same way about the OC but then went w/ someone that was familar with the site & now have have a lot of great dives there. We have had 40 ft vis there on some days.

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom