Computer recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Again pure speculation on my part, but all manufactures of anything wrap up new products with new (upgrades) as a carrot to get people to buy into new tech

The feasibility is questionable, too: it adds the layer of complexity and cost, and if they aren't changing the "folded" code much in the first place...

So are there three different algorithms now running on Suunto computers? RGBM, Fused RGBM, and Fused RGBM 2?
I'm certain that my old Vytecs are running the original RGBM. Is there a wrtieup anywhere comparing theses?

Add "folded" RGBM for low-power devices. It's a simplified form that does not need much CPU and generates "close enough" results over some range of input values.

So are there three different algorithms now running on Suunto computers? RGBM, Fused RGBM, and Fused RGBM 2?
I'm certain that my old Vytecs are running the original RGBM. Is there a wrtieup anywhere comparing theses?

Not really, there was video by Bruce Winke, the inventor of RGBM (sort of), about "folded" RGBM but it didn't deliver exact information on the inside working of the algorithms.

I think that you should just get one of these two computers.

1. i300C Dive Computer

2. https://scubapro.johnsonoutdoors.co...uters/aladin-sport-matrix-wrist-dive-computer

I think that you should just get one of these two computers.

... because there is no video "sort of" about what PZ+ or ZHL ADT MB might be.

Does anyone know why my Eon Core would be saying the MOD for EAN32 is 106 feet (as opposed to 111 feet)? I change my altitude setting to 0, and my aggressive setting to the max, and that didn't cause a change.

Does anyone know why my Eon Core would be saying the MOD for EAN32 is 106 feet (as opposed to 111 feet)? I change my altitude setting to 0, and my aggressive setting to the max, and that didn't cause a change.

If it is like my Suunto computers, it uses a lower Po2 limit for "safety".

It appears to be aiming for a max ppO2 of 1.35 instead of the more commonly used 1.4 for recreational dives. Did you change a setting or is that a default?

It appears to be aiming for a max ppO2 of 1.35 instead of the more commonly used 1.4 for recreational dives. Did you change a setting or is that a default?
Says 1.4.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom