Matching GF between main and backup computers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Other agencies do the same, nothing peculiar to GUE, at least for NAUI.
I never claimed it was a specific tendency of GUE. I mentioned it because we were discussing GUE MDL tables, their use of the 130 rule, and their use of GF 20/85 for training purposes - which is why I found it useful to point out that this policy is regarding training. As divers gain experience they are expected to make up their own minds and find common ground within their team. Since this is a common misconception/critique of GUE, that you "have to mindlessly follow the rules" and that it's "based on outdated research", I wanted to make it clear that the actual policy and training is not like that at all, and my experience in GUE classes and with GUE divers have confirmed this.

So let me ask again, who’s research?

Nevermind
I never meant to imply that GUE favors any specific research. That's up to every team/diver to figure out. Once you're a "big boy", you can find out what works for you and your team.

Back
Top Bottom