"Compressed" vs. "Crushed" Neoprene

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No problem, I'm in the market for a new drysuit myself, and I almost went for the D1 until I read that thread. The thing I ask myself abot the black ice is, could that suit be too warm? I was in 57 degree water this past weekend, and that suit would have been great with no undergarment. But with that lining, I'm afraid anything warmer than that, the black ice might be a little too warm.

That's a great price if that's your size, and it looks like a great suit! I haven't read anything on this board about it, but it might warrent a search.

excellent thread on D1 Hybrid http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/exposure-suits/373085-waterproof-d1-hybrid-drysuit.html

It seems that the most common complaint is restricted movement with that 3d mesh which would be the only reason for me to go with the suit. Thank you TechDeep for your advice.

saxplayer1004, I am very much intrigued by the Pinnacle Black Ice Drysuit. My only concern is neoprene seals. Not sure if I like that. But the price is amazing. I wonder if it's possible to replace seals with latex or even silicon. Will do some research.

Thank you everybody for great comments. Got to love ScubaBoard :)

owner of cave adventurers dives one in the FL caves all the time.
You can replace the seals to latex easily and I think there were still issues with the silicone neck seals last I checked because it doesn't bond to anything so you can't glue it. They were using cuff rings for them on the wrist, but that would obviously be a problem with a neck seal. If you want a latex seal just ask Mike to put one on before he sends it to you. Might be a bit extra, but if you want it, he'll do it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom