Completed OW but had some issues.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hi Jeckyll,
There will be some level of anxiety when you dive in bad viz and is doing a course.
But the mask removal and replacement exercise needs to be learnt and learnt to a godd degree of confidence. This is due to the fact that mask accidents and leaky masks are very common occurences.
You are sensible to suggest taking her to the pool for practices. It is important she learns this skill and is comfortable without a mask u/w.
I suggest you go back to your training center and see if they can take your fiancee into the pool and get her comfortable with the mask removal exercise. This is usually done many many time both in confined and open water so most divers are comfortable with it.

Another vote for practice :) I certed in a drysuit, very cold water, pain in the butt skill to demo. The following month my LDS had an open pool day -- I spent an hour just doing mask remove/replace while swimming and reg retrievals. Just drilling, with no performance pressure, made a world of difference, and I keep practicing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom