Comparison between Bare Elastek and Henderson Hyperstretch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bostondancer

Reaction score
I am trying to find comparisons between Bare Elastek 3mm full suit and Henderson Hyperstretch 3mm full suit. There is an approx $80 price difference for the lowest prices I could find with the Henderson being more expensive.

A little about me:
5'4, 180lbs. Short and round. I have a size 14 Hyperstretch shorty that I got when I was 208lbs. I was wearing a size 18-20 in street clothing at that point. It fit great then. I had it altered after losing weight but it is still to big. I am not interested in getting a custom suit made. Currently I'm wearing a 14-16 in street clothing.

I was told by Bare that their Elastek is their stretchiest suite. It seems that Bare may have a little better fit in terms of curves.

Does anyone have any feedback their experiences in terms of sizing and fit between these two. If I got the Henderson I will probably get the size 10. I read that sizing on Bare runs smaller so I would get a 12+ for the Elastek although right now Leisurepro is out of stock on only that size...seems popular.

thanks ahead of time.

I tried on the Elastek last weekend and hands down it is the most comfortable wetsuit I have ever worn. It glides on like silk. The material was very light and airy. No saran-wrapped sensation, even dry. It felt like being naked. I love this wetsuit and intend to buy it as soon as warmer weather hits Texas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom