lavacore zip full suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

razorseal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone using this? I just ordered one for ~180 from a website called Tradein/Diveinn in Spain. I hope I wasn't scammed lol.

Wanted something really thin to use for the south FL waters during summer. Want to try this "alternative" and neutral buoyant suits... I don't see much info on them, so hoping someone can chime in. Was going to get a 3mm to replace my aging one that barely fits me, but Figured try something new.

I don't really have issues with my 3mm. I just prefer to wear a full-size suit to have a barrier between me and the sea.

is this what people refer to as "semi-dry" suits?

I was doing some reading and sizing was all over the place.

I'm 6"00 and 220 lbs. chest 43, waist 36. I had ordered large, and was worried its too small and cancelled order, only to realize XL was out of stock. Came here reading and now I'm not sure if I want it because some people were complaining it doesn't work very well.

there goes the indesiveve me... not sure what to get now and if I should just stick with a 3mm like I have been using for decades

Also found this aussie wetsuit that dries very fast for 300 bucks. (probe quick dry semi dry suit) Was thinking giving that a shot.

I’ve used a full Lavacore suit for years with no problems. More than a skin, less than a three-mil, very light when dry. And neutrally buoyant, so no messing around with lead.

I have a Lavacore and really like it for tropical water that in the mid 70's (F) or lower. For water in the high 70's or 80+ I just use a full rashguard. I also use the Lavacore as an undergarment under my trilam drysuit for water that's between 50 and 65 (F). Packs a lot better than a 3mm.. Has a full front zipper that zips from both the top and bottom.... The zip from the bottom is real handy if needing to pee underwater in the tropics... The fleece interior, thumb loops and foot stirrups make it real easy to donn and doff. Dry's fairly quickly. Neutrally buoyant. I'm 6' 1" and 240 and wear the XXL.

If your not sure about the purchase just buy from Scuba.com so you can check it and try it on and then just return if there's anything you don't like about it..

owW6swB.jpg

I really like my Lavacore for water temps of 70s and above. Packs small and light for travel. No suit buoyancy. The fleece does take a long time to dry, but in the tropics donning a damp suit is not a big deal. I usually wear a rash guard under it to make it easier to get on and off.

Just wrote on there. I'll see if he still has it. Not familiar with "aeroskin" vs "lavacore" I assume all similar stuff.
I have a Lavacore and really like it for tropical water that in the mid 70's (F) or lower. For water in the high 70's or 80+ I just use a full rashguard. I also use the Lavacore as an undergarment under my trilam drysuit for water that's between 50 and 65 (F). Packs a lot better than a 3mm.. Has a full front zipper that zips from both the top and bottom.... The zip from the bottom is real handy if needing to pee underwater in the tropics... The fleece interior, thumb loops and foot stirrups make it real easy to donn and doff. Dry's fairly quickly. Neutrally buoyant. I'm 6' 1" and 240 and wear the XXL.

If your not sure about the purchase just buy from Scuba.com so you can check it and try it on and then just return if there's anything you don't like about it..

owW6swB.jpg

Thank you.

Sounds like I would need the XL.

I just looked and our local water temps these days is 80+ so you can see why I don't even want a 3mm suit.

@razorseal - I just ordered 2 lavacores from Diveinn and it didn't seem like a scan. No unexpected charges. Shipping was longer than a US-based operation, but I got a tracking number and was able to keep tabs on the shipment. I love lavacores, but haven't tried the full body one. Only negative is mine (XXXL) takes forever and a day to dry.

@razorseal - I just ordered 2 lavacores from Diveinn and it didn't seem like a scan. No unexpected charges. Shipping was longer than a US-based operation, but I got a tracking number and was able to keep tabs on the shipment. I love lavacores, but haven't tried the full body one. Only negative is mine (XXXL) takes forever and a day to dry.
Yeah I heard they tske forever to dry as well.

There is this Australian company that makes quick dry semi dry wetsuits, and was thinking about giving them a try. Around $300.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom