lavacore zip full suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just looked and our local water temps these days is 80+ so you can see why I don't even want a 3mm suit.
If your local waters are 80+ (F)....... and your dives are all no deco.... then you might consider just going with a full rashguard.... They are inexpensive, have zero buoyancy, provide full UV protection, super easy to pack and dry in minutes..

I "built" a lavacore shorty out of a pair of LC shorts and the hooded vest. That has become my go to in warm water since it is so much easier to don/doff than my 3mm. I wear it over a rash guard. It is very light and packs small. It does take a long time to dry compared to my wetsuits (prob due to the fleece lining as mentioned upthread), but (also as mentioned upthread) the cold/wet suit donning discomfort is mitigated for the most part by using a rashguard underneath.

If your local waters are 80+ (F)....... and your dives are all no deco.... then you might consider just going with a full rashguard.... They are inexpensive, have zero buoyancy, provide full UV protection, super easy to pack and dry in minutes..

man that's inexpensive. I figuered a lavacore is between this and a 3mm which is why I was looking at it. I might give it a shot at that price

Back
Top Bottom