Comments on Updated TOS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I very much appreciate the reminder. As a victim of a bit of ugly cyberbullying in this forum myself, I think the reminder was necessary. I am aware that there are a number of formerly active members who have been chased away by the tendency of some members to jump all over anyone who describes a dive they did in anything but the most general terms. I personally will no longer mention details about my dives in my regional forum, as I've grown tired of having my dive techniques and actions criticized and picked apart. About the only thing that feels safe to me anymore is posting photos.

I miss the days of camaraderie that I used to feel in this message board. Maybe, with this reminder, it can return.

My attorney will be in touch.

I called my mom and whined that I was made to read the TOS...she said she will call and complain on my behalf... (I think she lies):D

Our volunteers are users first and moderators only when they need to be. This allows them to have opinions contrary to the management of ScubaBoard without a conflict of interest.
Due to the fact their badges are always present when they post, how do we know if they are posting their own opinions or those of SCUBAboard.

Can a volunteer moderator post their own opinion and moderate that very same thread?

Due to the fact their badges are always present when they post, how do we know if they are posting their own opinions or those of SCUBAboard.
It's pretty easy. In a thread, you'll see something along the lines of

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moderator's message!

Can a volunteer moderator post their own opinion and moderate that very same thread?
Normally, no. However, there are sometimes extenuating circumstances where no conflict of interest exists and a mod has to act quickly to defuse a situation. These are rare, but they do happen.

This is in our FAQ, and not in our TOS, as conduct for moderators is not one of the Terms of Service.

The following is referred to as our "Modiquette"

What are Moderators?

For the most part... Moderators post as themselves expressing their own opinion unless they're actively moderating something. It's generally obvious when they are acting as a mod.

Can a make a sock puppet if I make sure to always use a different WAN IP ?

Lol just kidding of course...however it would be easy for someone in my position, with access to a dozen different WAN ips and twice that of computers. How do you control?

Just curious. Non-answer means it would not be in SB's best interest to answer that.

Leejnd that is probably the number one reason of members not returning when new to joining a forum, as is when a moderator does the same. I think I only cut down when an instructor has killed a diver or hurt them under there supervision, or when someone wants to take the forum and hurt a dive business.

Every one likes to debate, I find it comical on the GUE (dir) thread running now and it is the same. The point was to say how they are not mean to other divers and they can dive with any kind of diver, Pfcaj just posted if you do not like are way of our diving don't sign up for the class. Of course the op was trying to get that mantality taken off there reputation and it is never going to happen.

So Leejnd I do not think you can give details of your dive without being picked apart ever again. Unless you take my approach and could care less what they think, cause there just words.

I read you dive reports and you did just fine in your dives, just start a thread and do not argue with anyone that does not like your dive report and they go away.

(Band: Oompah, Oompah, Oompah, Oompah)

I studied Aristotle and learned to see
The most amazing forms of verbal sophistry
I love and revere the written word
And to me a thesaurus is not an ancient bird

She knows a Thesaurus is not an ancient bird

I often must deal with the hooligans
But I rarely ever put up with shenanigans
She rarely calls for outright bans
But she never ever tolerates shenanigans

(Band: Oompah, Oompah, Oompah, Oompah)

While ScubaBoard or Intermedia Publications, Inc. are not responsible for posts' content, authenticity or accuracy, they retain copyright privileges to all user generated content.
What, exactly, do you retain copyright privileges to? Does that ostensibly include my images?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom