Comments on Updated TOS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The lack of compensation allows them to retain certain freedoms of expression. Our volunteers are users first and moderators only when they need to be. This allows them to have opinions contrary to the management of ScubaBoard without a conflict of interest. In that regard, it's impossible for them to speak for ScubaBoard or to enter into any agreement(s) that would expose ScubaBoard to any liability or financial encumbrance.

"Freedom's just another word, for nothin' left to lose..."

The lack of compensation allows them to retain certain freedoms of expression. Our volunteers are users first and moderators only when they need to be. This allows them to have opinions contrary to the management of ScubaBoard without a conflict of interest. In that regard, it's impossible for them to speak for ScubaBoard or to enter into any agreement(s) that would expose ScubaBoard to any liability or financial encumbrance.

I think the moderators do an incredible job and give a lot of themselves and their time, and often go unappreciated. Although I am not really sure it is possible to separate the moderators from Scubaboard in the sense that they do represent management and the philosophies of ownership. Naturally, they cannot enter into binding agreement on Scubaboard's behalf. Again, not trying to ruffle feathers, just trying to understand.

Hope you learned enough the last go around to buy liability insurance.

Whoops. Just TOSsed my COOKIES.

Go ahead, admit it...the enthusiasm is INFECTIOUS :chuckle:

I really do think the mods do a great job. And so, I have started a special musical tribute to them,

which everyone else is invited to add a verse to:

(Sung to the tune of HMS Pinafore: First Lord’s Song. Gilbert & Sullivan)

When I was a girl my mom taught me
To never ever use a crass profanity
I went to school and learned to spell
And in all of my scholastics I did far excel.

She took the hardest courses and she did quite well…

I went to school and Praise The Lord!
For I'm now a moderator on ScubaBoard.
She learned how to spell and Praise The Lord!
She moderates the scallywags on Scuba Board!

(Band: Oompah, Oompah, Oompah, Oompah)

by posting......

I was worried it was a Facebook bait and switch type of change, where all pictures, account, and personal information was hereby property of SB and would definitely be sold to the highest bidder and used in direct marketing purposes... I am glad it is such a small change as to not really be one to most users. :zen:

Back
Top Bottom