Comal River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, I was able to view the pics tonight and yes, I believe the cichlids are what we saw. They were colored very similarly to those photos. And I could see the difference in the true angelfish and the cichlids. But they're still cool fish, glad we got to see them. Can't rain on my parade, I'm having too much fun!
Foo

Hi folks, is there a date for the Comal river trip yet? I've gotta have a date to look forward to! Help me, please- I'm ready to become a Swamper! :eek:)
Foo

Okay, someone has to get this "comal river dive date" dialogue started, right? Maybe we should just throw some dates out and see what works best for everyone? Someone had suggested April for this trip, I believe maybe ScubaTexan? The best weekends in April for us would be either be the last one, or the first weekend in May (1-2). Unless you schedule for the next to last April weekend, 17-18, which we will be in Round Rock at a martial arts tournament (my husband is an instructor, competes, and has a traveling competition team- yall come watch sometime!). Maybe we could come on down to N.B. after the tournament and at least join the party Sat. night and hopefully dive Sun. morn if it's that weekend? In March our grandbaby is due :eek:). 'Nuff said, right? And any date in May except 5/8-5/9 works for us too. Okay....NEXT? BTW, will anyone be tent camping? Or is everyone staying in the motel (usually my preferred method of camping- but i LOVE to sit by YOUR campfire!).
Foo

I dive the comal quite often. I was there on Valentine weekend. The night dives are pretty cool. The place to camp is Landa R.V.. Or you can stay at several motels that are only 5 min. from the dive site that I use. I am close friends with reeftrekker. My email is teden@cox-internet.com. I am not on here very often but I check my email daily,

If we are voting i would go with the 24-25, the last real weekend in April. Gives me time to raise a little cash for the trip, i would camp of course, but would need traveling money. I have a Isuzu Rodeo so if anyone in Dallas wants to carpool with me i can take at least two more people, maybe three and we could split the gas money.

The weekend of April 24-25 works for me. I don't have anything going that weekend. I won't be camping, though, as I have no camping gear, so I will be staying in New Braunfels at one of their hotels. :diver:

ScubaTexan:
The weekend of April 24-25 works for me. I don't have anything going that weekend. I won't be camping, though, as I have no camping gear, so I will be staying in New Braunfels at one of their hotels. :diver:

Turns out I DO have something going on that weekend and I can't go. I am available on the 17th, though.

We are thinking of going to the Comal next weekend, 3/19-3/21. If we do, it would be great if anyone wants to join us!
Foo

I'm booked solid this month, I'm afraid... :disappoin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom