Comal River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo:
We are thinking of going to the Comal next weekend, 3/19-3/21. If we do, it would be great if anyone wants to join us!
Foo

that is the weekend for the Swamper lunch at Goode Seafood Company in Hou. Sat 3/20 if it is still on.

If not we may meet you there.

First weekend in May is kewl for me. Gives me even more time to raise cash.
so thats the 1st and 2nd right?

I can't go the first weekend in May. Previous commitments.

I'm free the weekends of April 16-18, May 14-16 and May 21-23.

parrotheaddiver:
that is the weekend for the Swamper lunch at Goode Seafood Company in Hou. Sat 3/20 if it is still on.
As far as I know it's still on!

May 14/16 works for us so far.

This is a kinda interisting post, I spend a lot of time in the Comal. There are a lot of perch, bass and Texas ciclids. My last trip most of them had ICH, nasty white spots, most likly from somebody dumping unwanted pet trops in the river. I saw several very large plecostamus( I think that's the spelling ).

Due to the temp of the river late April and May is tuber season. Lots of great booty swiming around, but it makes diving kinda hard. During this time of year you pay for parking everwhere and fight the waterpark crowds along with the tubers.

The dive itself will mostly be a slow drift dive, but it only takes a couple minutes, then you get out and walk back to the start point and do it again. I've taken many Austin diver groups in for the trip and it's an enjoyable dive, for 12 feet, but it gets old real quick.

Good luck and have fun....

May 14-16 works for us!
Foo

May 14-16 it is, then.....any objections?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom