Comal River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to dive at the Falls (Joe's Crab Shack) a lot years ago. It was a great place to practice u/w photo. Before the dam collapsed a few years back and it was rebuilt, there used to be three rooms under the Falls. There was a "path" to the left of the waterfall where there were few bubbles, so we could get behind the waterfall and into the rooms. Don't know if they are still there or not. I haven't dove that spot since the dam was rebuilt.

How does a trip in April sound to dive the Comal and San Marcos rivers? I might even find a chance to drop by Aquarena Springs and check in with Bridget. We could make this a TSD outing. Does anyone know offhand what the hotel situation is like in New Braunfels? I've never stayed there, but eating at the Smokehouse is a must! Let me know what you guys think.

ScubaTexan both San Marcos and New Braunfels have grown a lot. Lots of hotel/motels along I35. It's pretty quiet right now, but summer is a different story. It sorta like when the cruise ships invade Cozumel (toobers). A lot of new resturants as well. The poor smokehouse doesn't get the business like it use to that was always my favorite place to eat there. Love their apple dumplings yummy. :thumbs-up

Carlislere we watched them rebuild the dam but we haven't been diving in the river since then but I do believe they made it solid across underneath the falls probably is still a good dive not much hydrilla growing up by the falls. The whole area around the falls is open to swimmers,divers,fishermen but no dogs?? They said that the dogs pollute the river yeah right :blahblah:

The Texas A&M Scuba Club has trips to the Comal Feb. 27-28, and April 30-May 1. It would be nice to meet some swampers... even if they're Longhorns.

GIG 'EM AGGIES!! :thumbs_up

*crawls out of lurk mode*

It has been a while since I have posted college and all. But I don't recommend the San Marcos River right now anyway. So much hydrilla I would be scared to swim in the thing. I can't believe how much has grown; it’s truly ugly and sad now. I will keep an eye on this thread to see where it goes and I may show up if I can pry myself away from the hectic life long enough to be "social".

If it has more hydrilla than CSSP, it is in sad shape...

Never been to CSSP or seen it. I just know as i ride the bus to class every morning and i look at the river as we pass... I can't see much that doesn't have hydrilla

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom