Comal Dec 16,17,18?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How do I keep from freezing? There are definately a few tricks to be learned, but I start out with the 5mil merino wool lined Pinnacle Fusion supplied by Scuba Steve's. That means it takes about 10 minutes for the water inside my suit to cool down upon exiting the water. I also have 4mil merino wool lined gloves; however I opted to not wear my gloves this weekend. Next on my list are wool-lined booties to match!

As soon as I exited the water I wrapped myself in a big towel (on top of my wetsuit). It's kind of like an evaporative cooler...the cooler works by the breeze blowing through the pads and drying the water thereby lowering the temp. If you were to prevent the air from drying the pads, there would be little cooling effect. The big towel soaked up most of the exterior water and blocked any breeze. I dried my hands while wrapped in the towel and slipped on a pair of knitted gloves I keep in my barn coat. When I was no longer dripping, I ditched the towel and donned the barn coat. It's about 2 sizes too big and has an inner quilted vest. It's a barn coat, kind of like the Carhart brands only it's longer and came from Marlboro a long long time ago. I slipped off my booties, slid on my socks and boots and packed my gear. I left my wetsuit on, put that great big towel on the seat of the car and road back to the motel (only a few minutes) for a nice hot shower. Then...I unpacked my gear and hung it up to dry after I was nice and cozy.

Staying warm is kind of like a science. I'm getting it nailed down pretty tight! :)

shaggie:
I am. I'll wait and see if I get wet or not depending on the weather, but I'll be there after work about 9am.

Sorry I didnt show, But didnt want to drive for 4 hrs and be the only one diving.
Because your post made it sound like you might WUSS out.:D

colt:
Sorry I didnt show, But didnt want to drive for 4 hrs and be the only one diving.
Because your post made it sound like you might WUSS out.:D

OK I'm sorry, you're not a wuss. Let's dive sometime.

Merry Christmas!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom