Comal Dec 16,17,18?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like to hear a report from anyone that did make the dive.

Willie

Water temp 71deg, air temp low 40's. Met Twinkles, she was with Scuba Steves group doing an OW training class. I dove solo up river to the RV park then floated back down. Vis is not bad, about 15'. Seen some nice size bass and sunfish. Also saw some of those stripey, weird, catfish sorta things. I think they are fish tank refugees, but I can't remember what they are called.

shaggie:
Water temp 71deg, air temp low 40's. ...
Thanks for the report Shaggie. Sounds like a good choice for a cold weather dive inland. Forecast is for 55 degs in New Braunfels today. Daydreaming ....

Willie

next time your down south, give me a heads up.

Not only did I dive Saturday, but stuck around to finish up our OW tour dives and c-card presentations this morning. Air temp was a little warmer (I would guess the low 50's), and water temp was still 71 degrees. Vis was about 15 ft except where our students brushed the bottom; but with the current that only lasts a few moments and it's nice and clean again.

Shaggy that fish was a placostamus (don't know about spelling...), or some of us call it a sucker fish. If you wanted to get added to the TSD roster, post on the thread that's pinned near the top of the forum that you dove with a swamper this weekend and they'll take care of it for you. :)

See you all next month?

I didn't think anyone would make the trip with the rain and cold temps. One question for those of you who did go: How do you keep from freezing once you get out of the water and go to get changed?

Chris

CharlieSierra:
I didn't think anyone would make the trip with the rain and cold temps. One question for those of you who did go: How do you keep from freezing once you get out of the water and go to get changed?

Chris

A little cold never killed anyone. OK maybe one or two, but certainly not many.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom