Comal Dec 16,17,18?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

colt

Reaction score
Does anyone want to go diving on the Comal river Dec 16,17,18 Fri,Sat,Sun
any day in that time frame is good for me. It seems to be about the warmest
winter water around the area at 72deg. I havent been there before, so if someone
in the AO wants to go that would be great, or anyone else thats hasent been.
I'm sure we could firugre out where to go with all the great advice that is on this
board.:D

My schedule is free after the 12th, so I might be up for it.

Now to figure out how to fit my diving gear on the motorcycle I will (hopefully) have by then...

- d.

I have been jones'in to get back in the water. I have never dove the Comal, but have heard good things about it. I should be free after the 16th.

colt:
Does anyone want to go diving on the Comal river Dec 16,17,18 ... I'm sure we could firugre out where to go with all the great advice that is on this board.
This might work for me as well. I have been trying to squeeze in a dive for awhile now. The timing just might work this time for at least one of the days. I will have to check with my supervisors (family) ... and keep an eye on the weather. :)
uthrom:
Now to figure out how to fit my diving gear on the motorcycle I will (hopefully) have by then...
Winter, motorcycle -- I am not sure those go together. Looking forward to seeing it. I used to own a Goldwing and made several extended trips in the cold and it was my only means to/from work back then. I have a snow mobile suit I wore. Probably cant get into it now.

Willie

Hi, folks!

I'm new to the site and to diving. I just completed my OW last month, and the open water segment was done in the Comal. I'm getting the detailed instructions for driving to the stretch where we went for you guys (I don't remember which exit) and will post once I get that from my dive shop.

If you don't mind a rookie tagging along, I'd love to go. Even though the Comal is not very deep, I'm trying to get as much time in the water as possible before diving on a cruise in Feb.

Best Regards,
Chris

I already have plans to be at the Comal on the 16th, 17th and 18th. I don't imagine I'll dive on Friday, it'll be evening when I arrive. But I'll definately be diving Saturday and Sunday. I'm traveling with SCUBA Steve and his lovely wife and Miss Edna. We have a modest group meeting us there. So just look for the SCUBA Steve's trailer attached to a white pickem up. (Can't miss it - looks like a rolling dive flag!)

Where you go...I don't know the names of the streets....but go through town as if you're heading to Schlitterbaun...you'll come to a T where you would normally go left to Schlitterbaun, instead right there close at the T there is an entrance to a public park (I think there were little ticket booths at the entrance that are closed this time of year). That's where you go...just follow that little road around through the park till you come to where all the cars are. You've arrived. Remember, the Comal is the shortest river in the world (so I'm told), so it's not big. There is one spot where everybody is. You walk up river to enter and exit at the end, and you're basically drift diving. Be careful the current and stay out of the tube shoots (I hear they're pretty hard on divers.)

I've only been there as an observer a week before my OW class started so I'm very anxious to go back and dive there.

Twinklez

Here's a link to a Google map of the area.

It's Prince Solms park where you enter, right about at the bridge. It helps for someone to leave a truck at the planned exit point. It's not that long to walk back to the park from Lincoln if you can handle the weight of the gear.

Thanks for the info. So it's sounding like the 17th would be a pretty good date to plan on? It works for me, and everyone is welcome. Like I said I havent been there before so anyone that has been there would be a real big+.

Chris, you were just out there how many MM wetsuit did you use?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom