Coloured wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blacthorn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was wondering who makes wings which are other colours aside from Black? I know that OMS has the red ones and that Zeagle will make wings different colours with a specail order, but is there anyone else?

Thanks for the info

dive rite does red & blue...

Just to stir the pot, I wonder why Halcyon doesn't have colored wings (and why GUE doesn't insist on them). Is there some advantage to being harder to see?

loosebits:
Just to stir the pot, I wonder why Halcyon doesn't have colored wings (and why GUE doesn't insist on them). Is there some advantage to being harder to see?

I think black is just the most popular color. The advantage is it looks cool and shows wear/stains less than other, especially light, colors.

Blacthorn:
I was wondering who makes wings which are other colours aside from Black? I know that OMS has the red ones and that Zeagle will make wings different colours with a specail order, but is there anyone else?

Thanks for the info

Blacthorn,

We have made wings in Black, Purple, Pink and Cammo, black is our only "stocked color, others are special order.

One reason IMO, that black is used for the majority of wings is the ready availablity of Balck ballistic nylon fabric. While it's possible to get ballistic in other colors, it's not as widely available.

We have ballistic in black, and a few yards in Purple. For other colors we use 1000 denier nylon cordura.

Regards,

Tobin

Black is definitely the best color, IMHO. :D

thanks for the very rapid responses. Gotta love this board :)

cool_hardware52:
We have ballistic in black, and a few yards in Purple. For other colors we use 1000 denier nylon cordura.

A purple wing is so tempting....:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom