5 mm wet suit recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How the suite holding up to wear and tear? I'v only seen it on the web so far..
It's durable so far! have about 60 dives with it and there are no issues with seals or tears. And I got hammered on rocks badly once, suprisingly no cuts on the suit. The only wear and tear I notice is the glue holding the thigh pockets in place is slightly, and i mean very slightly, unglueing from the top corners of the pockets. Not an issue at all and and after a few more years can be easily fixed with neoprene glue.

no it s not a semi dry. the shop who sold it to me insist saying i will be not warmer on a semi dry. I could not debate that i don't know. Same guy told me not to wear anything under the 7 mm as you create juste more space etc.. the one i have is 7mm velocity ultra. Really warm IMO.

if you're not interested in an open cell, I still recommend a 2 piece closed cell
Something like this
I personally like open cells but the gf prefers closed cells and she gets cold real fast. I got her the women's version of that one above and she's quite happy and warm
Having an integrated hood goes a long way IMO

I personally dive 3mm and 5mm rob allen open cells and love them

Back
Top Bottom