Cold weather diving, how to handle your hood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pulling out a dry hood solves this issue perfectly, before going to dry gloves I used to bring extra gloves too.

Instead of buying gadgets
I assumed that most people already had gadgets like a thermos bottle, a kettle and a kitchen stovetop. Maybe I was wrong.

And a thermos bottle from the cupboard is quite a bit cheaper than another good quality hood and another pair of wetgloves. Heck, even a thermos bottle from the store is a bit cheaper than another good quality hood and another pair of wetgloves.

In the past for winter diving my partner had a easy up with propane heater. So we get out and hang up our wet hoods in the tent replace with a wool hat and good to go.

Now I dont have a car which fits a easy up so... what do you other cold water divers do between dives with your drysuit hoods?

FN...

Leave the hood on...as jack has said...have a dry back-up hood...or warm it up in the car...with the engine running and the heater on high...

I've never tried a ''hot water flush''...it was common before wide-spread use of dry-suits...a lot of divers still use it...

Necessity is the mother of invention...you'll find something to work for you...try the no cost options first...

W.W...

just pour warm water in before you don it problem solved

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom