Cold Water Divers - Whats your Regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeagle DS-IV with an environmental seal kit

Worked flawlessly so far down to about 40.

Sherwood Blizzard :D My favorite and extremely durable and easy to work with.

The Delta 4 was rated by the NOAA as the best cold water reg of all the regs they tested. It is more expensive, but has more adjustments/options than the blizzard. Delta 4 has venturi assist and breathing adjustments, DVT(if your looking at that model), and swivel on the hose...the blizzard is just a great breather with no thrills :wink: although the moisture pack for drymouth was the selling point for me

I used to dive the delta 3/dx4 from oceanic with the drysealed kit. Very impressed for the price. The performance was great at any depth, I've had them to 180ft. We dive the St-lawrence river in mid winter/under ice, in 3 years i've never had one freeflow, going on that I'm sure the delta 4 would work just as well.

I'm now using apeks ds4 with xtx50 seconds, and they are really amazing for the price, excellent cold water performance...

GS2000 in 33 degree water. Works flawlessly!

Heard some good reviews of the Sherwood SR1 in cold water also.

Heard some good reviews of the Sherwood SR1 in cold water also.

I have the SR1 and wouldnt take it Ice diving or in anything too cold. Its not rated for ice or cold water diving. Thats why I keep my Blizzard for the cold stuff. I have had my SR1 down to 42 degrees at 65 feet...not sure I would push it much further knowing its not coldwater rated....:wink:

I have the SR1 and wouldnt take it Ice diving or in anything too cold. Its not rated for ice or cold water diving. Thats why I keep my Blizzard for the cold stuff. I have had my SR1 down to 42 degrees at 65 feet...not sure I would push it much further knowing its not coldwater rated....:wink:

I'm really interested in how well it will handle cold water, since my tech instructor told me he's looking at switching his backgas regs to SR1's, and I know for a fact he's done tech dives in the low 30's before.

I'm really interested in how well it will handle cold water, since my tech instructor told me he's looking at switching his backgas regs to SR1's, and I know for a fact he's done tech dives in the low 30's before.

Sherwood is really interested too:wink: I wouldnt worry about the first stage, its more the second stage. Im sure, like past regs, they will come out with a cold water kit for it.....at the $600 price tag, it should have came ready and rated for it though, in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom