Cold Water Divers - Whats your Regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apeks XTX200 and XTX50 backup (FST first stage) and my second set is a DST first stage with TX50 main, TX40 backup.

Also have a bog standard scubapro R190/Mk2 for stage reg.

Worth noting that whatever reg you have even cold certified ones if youre prone to purging or prebreathing them in very cold air/water they can freeflow regardless.

Aqualung Legend LX ACD tuned for cold water diving. Over balanced for easy breathing. Love it.

Poseidon Cyklon 5000s for me.

My wife and I have Delta 4's
Never seen a free flow yet, from the tropics to under the ice.

I use a.. Humm.. What was those numbers again :p

Edit:
Ahh, here we go
Coltrisub Ocean C 11000, Clotrisub Octopus C 1000
The C11000 I breathe a lot in cold water and have had no problems with it, either in sub-freezing air temps nor in water near freezing (and beginning to freeze) but I havent done any ice-diving with it yet, although I wouldnt hesitate to do so as far as the reg goes..
The octopus however I have to admitt that I havent been breathing very much, but I probably should just to get a feel for how it perform in cold water.. Would kinda suck to donate that reg just to find out it freeze up. Then again 99% of my cold water diving is solo..

2 Zeagle Flathead VI's for my doubles, I've also ice dived the Zeagle DSV and it was absolutely reliable. The DSV's are now stage regs, and I have an Oceanic GT3 for single tank diving in all temps.

twin titan LX supreme Ok so far from 4 to 24 degC down to 40m

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom