Cold Water Die-Hards vs. Warm Water Wimps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see no reason to argue.
I AM A WARM WATER WIMP!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have no reason or desire to dive in water below 75F viz 25feet or less.
Am I not as good - I doubt it!!!!!!!!!!!! I can dive & shoot fish with any one one this board at any depth.
Boys, it's not about being "macho" it's about the best experience you acn have each and every time you roll over. And we do it a few times a week - YEAR ROUND!!!!!!!!!

Personaly I believe that all this Cold Water Bravado is just trying to make up for Cold Water Shrinkage.

Hey Zieg, At least you don't find us just hanging around. :rofl3:

Gary D.

I for one, refuse to dive with anyone that earned their certification in warm water.

So that means you would refuse to dive with anyone who received their certification in Pearl Harbor Hawaii? :confused:

Gary D.

I had a Golden Retriever that didn't have enough sense to stay out of the freezing water either... :)

You Cold Water Divers can have all the titles you need in order to deal with your reality. I’ll take the “lousy diver” label and be warm and happy.
Me too ! :)

Kike lives in Norway, and his past record (45 meters) was set just outside my (past) home, in the Oslofiord...

Didn't know that, I figured since he's constantly present here in Croatia and runs a free diving/scuba diving school at the south of adriatic plus some other things, he also lived in Croatia. :wink:

I have heard differing opinions about dry suits neoprine v membrane I dont know which to get, I get very cold. Does anyone have any advice or opinions on dry suits

Both will work quite adequately.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom