cold salt water and sidemount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you also have a wing...

Given the redudancy that sidemount configuration provides a diver, both in terms of breathing gas and inflation medium, loosing both the drysuit and the wing at the same time would be an extremely rare occurance - probably shouldn't dive that day!

I have not worn any ditchable weights for several years now. Provided your rig is well balanced, this should not be an issue. By the same token, I feel that in sidemount you have, as you already mentioned, the additional option of ditching a tank as a last resort.

Andre

sany0472.jpg

I immerse in cold water 3 times a week, 6° ...
wing of 10 L. Dry suit, gloves waterproof, 4 S80, back pocket with hanging hook, ecc... Does not need another. :)

In the picture the water was 6 ° and use a small wing.

:)

dsc073172.jpg

My guess is you don't penetrate small spaces with the way that elbow is so exposed and prone to damage.

Interesting way of rigging your cylinders.

Gathan: your right, still got the BCD hehe i think i got enought backup :D

sidemountman: interesting setup, what is it? razor with a wing?

some of you have experience with a single backmount with the nomad?

My guess is you don't penetrate small spaces with the way that elbow is so exposed and prone to damage.

It is not a fixed position, if you penetrate small spaces reverse the wing positions and the corrugated hose on the side .... simply. The upper one, then close the cap with a very low profile (included). In this way you have corrugated and valve protected.

The configuration you see in the picture is to open water and for those approaching the sidemount without changing some habits of the back mount.

If you are an instructor, not ever bring a student in any particular restrictions, but will start step by step ... this is the philosophy that I follow.

Open water or Cave with a single wing!

You may want to use it for the dive rite TRANSPAC o any harness

Interesting way of rigging your cylinders.

:D It 's a stage kit with steel band. :)

:D It 's a stage kit with steel band. :)

Why would you rig sidemount cylinders with a stage kit? If you wonder why your valves hang so low, it's because of the rigging.

Dive Rite TV on Dive Rites site Lamar shows how to setup cylinders for use with the Nomad and that is what he uses is stage straps.

That nice looking wing, is there any plans to selling them.

That's one of the ways he uses and he states it's a common way for wreck and RB divers to rig cylinders. He also uses chokers with that method. sidemountman is not using chokers. He has his snap bolts positioned a few inches from the neck of the cylinders. While that may seem like a minor issue, it is a major one when considering the position of the cylinders in the water.

@Dive-aholic .... Unfortunately I can not understand your comments, I do not speak very well English . :)

But I agree with exactly what you say .... I think. :D

Do not look at the photo, I was just experimenting with a version of Maldives. :eyebrow:

The system I use is exactly what Bogaerts ... except the wing :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom