Question CocoView Coco Villa.....anybody stayed there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

junkyard_dawg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Heading there in later in the year and it was the only thing available. Just curious. I know most will say not ideal but beggars can't be chosers in my situation. Looks nice. Comes with a golf cart so that's a bonus :)

Just don't know how far it is from the "main" resort. First time in Roatan so not sure what to expect anyway.

Thanks

I once owned that lot, the house was built from my design. It morphed a bit from my line drawing below. I did go completely overboard.

By golf cart? 3 minutes 48 seconds, give or take.

Incredible view, sunrise to sunset, crashing surf, on a promontory, great breezes. Designed to take full advantage of nature, up on 10’ columns.

Yeah, i think it’s a good idea.

Attachments

• 6A150DDC-4B8A-48D1-81B1-AB218FB93A73.jpeg
    6A150DDC-4B8A-48D1-81B1-AB218FB93A73.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 93
  • F713DBE6-0EEA-440D-8871-44982C7649E8.jpeg
    F713DBE6-0EEA-440D-8871-44982C7649E8.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 83
Our group stays here every year (for the last 5). 5 beds in three bedrooms. One shared bath and one en suite.
Full sized fridge. Kitchen. Washer and dryer (for me that means 2 shorts and 2 shirts for the week)!
Comes with bikes and a cart. We use the cart to move bags/camera gear but mostly use the bikes. Maybe, if you are cruising really slow, 5 minutes on the bikes. Just enough to wake up or get your appetite up for a meal. Maybe a little sketchy if you enjoy the Friday party too much. :cool:
No shared walls, far from the club house, great views.
Last year the main AC for the common area was a bit weak and the water pump must have had a leak because it would run randomly. Other than that all is good.
This video begins with a quick sample of the ride:

I once owned that lot, the house was built from my design. It morphed a bit from my line drawing below. I did go completely overboard.

By golf cart? 3 minutes 48 seconds, give or take.

Incredible view, sunrise to sunset, crashing surf, on a promontory, great breezes. Designed to take full advantage of nature, up on 10’ columns.

Yeah, i think it’s a good idea.
Great information! I just have been doing some research and wanted to make sure. I need to pick your brain some about CCV one day....dos and don'ts how to get the most and best dive sites in during the week etc. First time there and looking forward to it. I love my shore diving at my own pace and sometimes miss the boat diving so this is perfect.

Thank you

Was hoping the golf cart would get there in under 3min though! lol

Our group stays here every year (for the last 5). 5 beds in three bedrooms. One shared bath and one en suite.
Full sized fridge. Kitchen. Washer and dryer (for me that means 2 shorts and 2 shirts for the week)!
Comes with bikes and a cart. We use the cart to move bags/camera gear but mostly use the bikes. Maybe, if you are cruising really slow, 5 minutes on the bikes. Just enough to wake up or get your appetite up for a meal. Maybe a little sketchy if you enjoy the Friday party too much. :cool:
No shared walls, far from the club house, great views.
Last year the main AC for the common area was a bit weak and the water pump must have had a leak because it would run randomly. Other than that all is good.
This video begins with a quick sample of the ride:
Thanks for the info and the video!...it's kind of hard to determine scaling of the map they have online. Not really an issue for me but have a couple others going that aren't as nimble anymore.

Can't dive from the house correct? Just snorkel?

We stayed in beach house 10 (waaaaaay farther away) over New Year's, and I think I timed it at a 12-minute walk from my door to the boat dock. You're definitely not too far; I think many of us would argue the beach houses are nicer than staying in one of the actual resort rooms!

...dos and don'ts how to get the most and best dive sites in during the week etc. First time there and looking forward to it. I love my shore diving at my own pace and sometimes miss the boat diving so this is perfect.
Be on each boat departure, o83o and 14oo. Do both tanks on each. Do a night dive every night.

You will get 27/week, easy.

Take the UW Naturalist Course from Patty Grier at Dockside Dive Center on Day One. It will change your life. Bring or get a glass magnifier from Patty.

Go slowly, even slower. Follow your DM like a puppy. They see everything.

Thanks for the info and the video!...it's kind of hard to determine scaling of the map they have online. Not really an issue for me but have a couple others going that aren't as nimble anymore.

Can't dive from the house correct? Just snorkel?
Well, you could theoretically haul a tank and all your gear from the dive lockers (using a golf cart), but what's the point... Using Google Maps, Coco Villa is approximately 16.358886, -86.427409. The distance to the dive lockers is ~1970 ft (maybe ~1650 ft to where you might park the golf cart before continuing to the dive lockers).

Yes, you can snorkel from shore. The shore entry is rough (I stayed in I think Beach House 8 at some point in the past). The "new" beach that was put in just past the cabanas has a nice set of steps that allow you to get from shore into water without stepping on rough stones--so might be a good and different way of getting on un-trodden turtle grass for snorkeling.

Doc A. used to have a great set of slides/photos in Photobucket about CocoView. (I think it was before he changed his user handle). I found that a great help prior to my first visit to CocoView.

I'll post in the next reply a view from Google Maps and a link to Tim Blanton's video of Coco Villa. I'm staying at Coco Casa my next trip (week of 9/2/2023).

Tim Blanton's video on youtube about Coco Villa:
Go to about 25 seconds in for the location from an overhead drone view.

See this screenshot from Google Maps for my "distance measuring" approach.

gmaps-ccv-2023-03-09_10-51-08.jpg

Shore entry from this area is ill advised. Lots of rocky rip-rap.

Treasure Hunt: Find the 5” Bronze Survey Marker at the SE corner of the lot, (about 20’ up from water)

Your reward is the snicker over how it’s marked.

I would love an image of that!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom