cmas 3 star instructor validity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sam008

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hello, one of my certificates is cmas 2 star instructor .. Belarus federation, i made it 2 years ago
i have a question is it have an expire date?!
dose i need to renew it every year or no?! .. because nothing in manual or standard about this part
and because I'm not living there it's hard to contact the federation also ( they don't answer emails ) as normal with cmas 🤷🏻‍♂️

i didn't g
What ISO Standard has it got, without that is meaningless as PADI at el are certified to the ISO Standards. CMAS is outdated.
i didn't get it ..!

hello, one of my certificates is cmas 2 star instructor .. Belarus federation, i made it 2 years ago
i have a question is it have an expire date?!
dose i need to renew it every year or no?! .. because nothing in manual or standard about this part
and because I'm not living there it's hard to contact the federation also ( they don't answer emails ) as normal with cmas 🤷🏻‍♂️
Hi sam008

My personal experience is that CMAS instructor certification cards expire after 5 years.

CMAS is not outdated. And the ISO standards are total BS anyway.
Why? Because the ones who came up with the standards are the agencies. Not an independent body of experts.

Unlike the Aerospace/Defense industry, my company does a lot of work for it, and we get audited every year. It is very easy to lose accreditation and customers. Too many violations can put a company out of business.

When was the last time any SCUBA agency was audited by an ISO-certified independent auditor, and where are the results?

I'm an ASD(Aero Space Defense)/ISO Internal Auditor and have participated in a dozen or more over the years. Yes, I work for my company and am one of the people overseeing compliance.

But, my and my colleagues' results are gone over with a fine tooth comb by an independent auditor. If we miss or overlook something they will find it. And that could be worse than them just finding an issue on their own because it looks like a coverup.

ISO Standards for scuba certification are a joke because they are weak, and "breaking" them results in zero consequences for anyone.

Same as the RSTC and WRSTC. All of these are marketing gimmicks to fool the suckers and rubes into thinking they guarantee any measure of safety or quality.

Hi sam008

My personal experience is that CMAS instructor certification cards expire after 5 years.
yes but can you find it in standard or manual or any official cmas site ?!

CMAS is not outdated. And the ISO standards are total BS anyway.
Why? Because the ones who came up with the standards are the agencies. Not an independent body of experts.

Unlike the Aerospace/Defense industry, my company does a lot of work for it, and we get audited every year. It is very easy to lose accreditation and customers. Too many violations can put a company out of business.

When was the last time any SCUBA agency was audited by an ISO-certified independent auditor, and where are the results?

I'm an ASD(Aero Space Defense)/ISO Internal Auditor and have participated in a dozen or more over the years. Yes, I work for my company and am one of the people overseeing compliance.

But, my and my colleagues' results are gone over with a fine tooth comb by an independent auditor. If we miss or overlook something they will find it. And that could be worse than them just finding an issue on their own because it looks like a coverup.

ISO Standards for scuba certification are a joke because they are weak, and "breaking" them results in zero consequences for anyone.

Same as the RSTC and WRSTC. All of these are marketing gimmicks to fool the suckers and rubes into thinking they guarantee any measure of safety or quality.
As you asked, see here.

yes but can you find it in standard or manual or any official cmas site ?!

Hi Sam008,

The only official advice that I can find is the following statement from the Australian Underwater Federation (AUF) website - "CMAS Diver level certification cards no longer have an expiry date, but CMAS instructor certification cards expire after 5 years." This appears on the following webpage - CMAS Diver Certification.

My personal experience is that I was awarded the equivalent of the CMAS One Star Instructor certificate in 1987. I applied for the certification, and received a wall certificate and a plastic credit sized card. The latter document has the following expiry date embossed on its front face - "12-1992".

You have to check with your local federation. Issuing federation decides what the rules are. Usually there is a member fee to be paid yearly. If you do not pay, you cannot issue certification. Do Belarusian federation issue the cards for the students you trained? If yes your qualification is still active.

Hi Sam008,

The only official advice that I can find is the following statement from the Australian Underwater Federation (AUF) website - "CMAS Diver level certification cards no longer have an expiry date, but CMAS instructor certification cards expire after 5 years." This appears on the following webpage - CMAS Diver Certification.

My personal experience is that I was awarded the equivalent of the CMAS One Star Instructor certificate in 1987. I applied for the certification, and received a wall certificate and a plastic credit sized card. The latter document has the following expiry date embossed on its front face - "12-1992".
that's great ..
thanks for your kind reply 👌 🙏

Back
Top Bottom