Cleaning What looks like Sun block off of my mask...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TracysaCADiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
This one's probably been posted here before, but I thought I'd ask this one...

This past holiday (4th of July), I was using my mask in a pool. It looks like I got some sun block on it and the pool water wouldn't take it off. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

Dish soap and water.

Somebody gave me the tip, a while back, to take masks which are developing crud in the corners or otherwise dirty and put them through the dishwasher on an air-dry cycle. Works a treat!

tooth paste works great for some reason.

OR

at any instant carry Johnson & Johnson baby shower gel - no tears, for reals.

I haven't tried it yet with our masks, but I put all of our glasses and sunglasses into the ultrasonic cleaner and it works wonders!

Somebody gave me the tip, a while back, to take masks which are developing crud in the corners or otherwise dirty and put them through the dishwasher on an air-dry cycle. Works a treat!
I never heard this! I don't own a dishwasher any longer, but I'll find one! Just put it through a regular cycle with washing product? Or just water and dry?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom